Emperor Mage (The Immortals) by Tamora…
Member:velocibadgergirl
Title:Emperor Mage (The Immortals)
Authors:Tamora Pierce
Info:Simon Pulse (2005), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages

Emperor Mage by Tamora Pierce (1995)

Eragon by Christopher Paolini (Morteana)
    Bone and Jewel Creatures by Elizabeth Bear (electronicmemory)
    electronicmemory: Necromancy and bones are central themes that run through these two stories, as well as hyenas and heroines who can communicate with animals.

This one was definitely my favorite of the three I have read in this series. these are by no means wonderful quality; they are, however, easy and fun to read. I will certainly look forward to any others in the series. ( )
  thebacklistbook | Apr 24, 2019 |
So a common theme in Pierce's books are strong women who fight against the norm of "women/girls can't do that because they're female" and she doesn't have these women yelling and being gross and raising hell, but by being themselves and good at what they do and who they are. I think that is why I enjoy her books so much!

StarKnits | Feb 6, 2019 |
Okay, let's get serious here. You don't need ME to tell you this series is awesome, do you? ( )
  Monica_P | Nov 22, 2018 |

Like the first book, don't really care for the second book... Thankfully, this third book is probably my favorite of the whole series. So descriptive, and I'm half in love with Numair, Kaddar, and ok, yes, Rikash. ( )
  ElleyOtter | Nov 28, 2017 |
I love the witty comments among the characters. Once again, I flew through this book, because it's one of those that I just can't put down. ( )
  SeraphinaTealeaf | May 30, 2016 |

Patti, JoyceCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Strohm, MargaretNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Watkins, LiselotteCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wyatt, DavidCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
His Royal Highness Kaddar, prince of Siraj, duke of Yamut, count of Amar, first lord of the Imperium, heir apparent to His Most Serene Majesty Emperor Ozorne of Carthak, fanned himself and wished the Tortallans would dock.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0679882901, Mass Market Paperback)

Daine sails to Cathak as part of a peace treaty delegation from Tortall. There she is amazed by strange and wondrous sights, including rooms filled with dinosaur bones and the Emperor Mage's zoo. But she also senses a darkness beneath all the gold and glitter, a darkness that lies in wait. At the same time, Daine is discovering that her own wild magic is growing again, this time giving her powers both great and terrifying.

Emperor Mage is the third book in The Immortals series, which chronicles a time when the world is invaded by immortal creatures and a girl is born with a magical gift that could restore the very balance of nature.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:06 -0400)

Sent as part of the delegation from Tortall to negotiate a peace treaty with Carthak, fifteen-year-old Daine must use her powers to communicate with animals for more than healing the Carthak emperor's dying birds.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,300,449 books! | Top bar: Always visible