Just Another Judgement Day by Simon R. Green

Just Another Judgement Day (edition 2009)

by Simon R. Green

Member:steverud
Title:Just Another Judgement Day
Authors:Simon R. Green
Info:Ace (2009), Mass Market Paperback, 272 sidor
Rating:**
Tags:Urban Fantasy, Contemporary Fantasy, Detective, Epic, Alternative Reality, Investigation, Magic, Nightside, Book Series, 20th Century, Blood and Gore, Repeated jokes

Just Another Judgement Day by Simon R. Green

Wow wow wow wow wow. What an awesome read. I was somewhat skeptical when starting this installment, because of the repeating explanations, catch phrases, and wind down of [b:The Unnatural Inquirer|1295202|The Unnatural Inquirer (Nightside, #8)|Simon R. Green|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1266765816s/1295202.jpg|1284326]. Well slap me silly and feed me a banana. I was so wrong.

This time we're introduced to a new villain, The Walking Man, who is a servant of God. Bequeathed with God's wroth. Eerily strange structure of the plot and it's reason for the introduction of the walking man was beyond mind blowing. ( )
  wickedshizuku | May 12, 2014 |
If Simon R. Green can get away with recycling his NIGHTSIDE stories and presenting them as new ones, I should be able to get away with recycling my reviews of them. So, here is my review of Just Another Judgement Day which is a copied and pasted and only slightly altered review of the previous novel, The Unnatural Inquirer:

John Taylor has been hired by The Unnatural Inquirer, the gossip magazine of the Nightside, THE AUTHORITIES to find a stolen DVD that allegedly contains a recording of a transmission from the afterlife KILL SOMEONE. His investigation will take him all over the Nightside where we??ll encounter old and new friends (and enemies).

Read the rest at Fantasy Literature: http://www.fantasyliterature.com/reviews/just-another-judgement-day/ ( )
  Kat_Hooper | Apr 6, 2014 |
I'm still curious as to the over-arching plot lines of the Nightside universe. John Taylor's enemies and his final destiny. I love the cast of characters and the world that Green has built. The mythology of it all is wonderfully assorted and yet still abides by (most) of its own rules. With that established, I do have to say that it seems like Judgement Day is another throw-away story that only slowly moves those long arching plots along. I still hold out hope that I'm wrong and each small detail will somehow be woven into the end game; but with each passing release those hopes are getting dimmer. I'll keep reading, though, if for nothing else than a glimpse at whatever new monster is being introduced this time.

Read more reviews at my blog. ( )
  kiaras | Oct 22, 2013 |
One thing I am starting to get annoyed by is all the religious stories going on here. To me it's stumbled out of urban fantasy and smacked its head into religion. Another thing I don't care for is how repetitive it is. Repeating the same things over and over, in some cases the same exact lines. Still love the characters though, they keep me wanting to read the next book in the series. ( )
  AdriaFaye | Jul 18, 2013 |
Amazon preorder
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |

Simon R. Greenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Barkat, JonathanCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
In the Nightside, that sour secret hidden heart of London, it's always three o'clock in the morning and the dawn never comes. Streets full of sin and cellars full of suffering, magic in the air and mystery around every corner; hot neon, hotter music, and the hottest scenes anywhere. Good and bad and everything in between Dream come true in the Nightside, especially the bad ones. Everything's available, for the right price. So shop till you drop, dance till you bleed, and party like judgement day will never come.
I'm John Taylor, private eye. I have a gift for finding things, and people. I won't promise you justice, or revenge, or your heart's desire. But I will find the truth for you, every damned bit of it.
Welcome to the Nightside. Watch your back. Or someone will steal it.
You don't go to Strangefellows for the good company.

In this urban noir fantasy with a paranormal gunfight at the OK Corral showdown, private investigator John Taylor aims to stop the invincible Walking Man who has come to clean up Nightside, a city invisible within London, by killing sinners regardless of their crimes against the Lord.… (more)

93 wanted3 pay2 pay

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,504,021 books! | Top bar: Always visible