Gutter by K'wan

Gutter

by K'wan

2009 (1) assault (1) baby (1) cisco (1) cocaine (1) crabs (1) crime (2) Crips (1) Danny (1) delinquents (1) dollar (1) dollar bill (1) drama (1) Early Reviewers (7) Eddie (1) fatherless (1) fiction (5) free (1) ghetto (1) Harlem (1) hopeless (1) marijuana (1) money (1) Muhammad (1) murder (1) New York (2) rapist (1) rifles (1) street lit (2) Watts (1)

i loved this book :) ( )
  iltr | Jan 26, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I got this book through the Library Thing "Early Reviewers" group. I didn't finish this book, it was jarringly not my type of book. I'm sure that there is an enthusiastic audience for this book, it just isn't my style at all. I'm certainly not saying the this is a bad book, it just swings way too far to the side of extreme urban fiction for this Early Reviewer to enjoy.
  sherrie87 | Mar 27, 2010 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I promised to review this book but it is not in my nature to be stone critical so, although I don't know of any reason someone might want to read this book, I do not know of a reason why someone might not want to read it. It is what it is. The written word of an author, is valuable in itself. I did not get much from reading this and admit that I did not make it very far into the book before putting it down. A good candidate to be passed on of left on a park bench for the next person to come along who might find it interesting to read. ( )
  Ice9Dragon | Jul 16, 2009 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I enjoyed parts of this book, but struggled with the inconsistent tone of the story and some of the more jarring plot transitions. Since I was reading an uncorrected proof it's possible that these will have been addressed before "Gutter" is available more widely, but I found them too distracting to fully appreciate the story. That said, "Gutter" was an action-packed page turner in some places, and I enjoyed parts of it -- just not enough of it to give it a very strong recommendation to other readers. ( )
  Michele | Jul 13, 2009 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was a bit rough to get through. I couldn't keep up with the characters and a lot of the details didn't match up. The intro mentions the year 2021 but the vernacular seemed a bit dated for 2001, let alone 2 decades later. I doubt I will re-read it. ( )
  homegirl | May 5, 2009 |

The explosive sequel to GANGSTA has finally arrived!

Blood answers for blood on the streets of Harlem. It’s been months since Lou-loc was brutally murdered on his way to freedom and the pain is still fresh. Gutter, Lou-loc’s best friend, finds himself on a path to self destruction, vowing to eradicate the entire Blood faction in New York City in the name of his fallen comrade. Sharell urges him to abandon the suicide mission, but his oath won’t allow it. Not even for the child they are expecting. But as Gutter slips further into madness, a shocking revelation brings Satin out. In the middle of all this is a man named Major Blood. He has been flown in from Cali with two very simple instructions. Shut down Harlem Crip, and execute El Diablo’s murderer. Walk back into the mouth of madness in the not-to-missed sequel to GANGSTA.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:27:00 -0400)

Blood answers for blood on the streets of Harlem. It?s been months since Lou-loc was brutally murdered on his way to freedom and the pain is still fresh. Gutter, Lou-loc?s best friend, finds himself on a path to self destruction, vowing to eradicate the entire Blood faction in New York City in the name of his fallen comrade. Sharell urges him to abandon the suicide mission, but his oath won?t allow it. Not even for the child they are expecting. But as Gutter slips further into madness, a shocking revelation brings Satin out. In the middle of all this is a man named Major Blood. He has been flown in from Cali with two very simple instructions. Shut down Harlem Crip, and execute El Diablo?s murderer. Walk back into the mouth of madness in the not-to-missed sequel to GANGSTA. --from amazon.com.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Gutter by K'wan was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,779,059 books! | Top bar: Always visible