The Shape of Mercy by Susan Meissner

The Shape of Mercy (original 2008; edition 2008)

by Susan Meissner, Tavia Gilbert (Narrator)

Member:pef
Title:The Shape of Mercy
Authors:Susan Meissner
Other authors:Tavia Gilbert (Narrator)
Info:christianaudio Fiction (2008), Edition: Unabridged, Audio CD
Rating:*
Tags:Bororwed from a friend, was okay -- read July 2012

The Shape of Mercy: A Novel by Susan Meissner (2008)

I've found a new favorite author! I loved the storytelling, the characters, the interweaving of historical and contemporary events as well as the opportunities to ponder who we are and why we are here. ( )
  lindap69 | Apr 5, 2013 |
This novel explores the lives of three strong women, each from different generations and times. Mercy, accused of being a witch during the Salem witch trials; Abigail, who chose social standing over love during World War II; and Lauren, college sophomore who stands at the crossroads of her life. This well told and compelling story will give you much to think about long after the story is done. Lauren wishes she could see people on the inside before she comes to any conclusions. But her father responds, “Yes, that would be better than the other, but is still makes you their judge.” As you come to know the characters and understand the reasons behind their actions, you may even discover something about yourself. A great read; highly recommended. ( )
  Maydacat | Nov 13, 2012 |
This story had a plot connecting a character from four centuries ago to two characters of today. Even after I finished the book, I was still thinking about the characters like they were my new best friends.

This is the second book of Susan Meissner's that I have read. I picked this book with the hopes that it would be as good as "Lady In Waiting." Susan Meissner does not disappoint. It was again another riveting story that I could not put down.

There were a couple of parts in it that made me think, "What would I do in this situation?" I don't know if I could have done what the characters did. It definitely made me think.

I look forward to more books by Susan Meissner.

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review. ( )
  reciperhon | Oct 12, 2012 |
Young college student transcribes Mercy's diary about Salem witch trials. ( )
  mindinon | Feb 29, 2012 |
It was so easy to be captivated by all the characters and their stories. The story continues to unfold and pulls you in up to the very last page. ( )
  nu-bibliophile | Mar 2, 2011 |
Fear is the enemy of love.

— St. Augustine
In memory of Connie Dorough,

who loved without hesitation.
I've heard the story countless times, how I grasped the delivering doctor's scrubs as he guided me into the Durough family universe of opportunity and duty.

Transcribing the journal entries of a victim of the Salem witch trials, Lauren realizes that the secrets of Mercy's story extend beyond the pages of her diary, and forces her to take a startling new look at her own life.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,607,912 books! | Top bar: Always visible