Personal development for smart people : the…

Personal development for smart people : the conscious pursuit of personal… (edition 2008)

by Steve Pavlina

191861,769 (3.75)None
Member:LesMiserables
Title:Personal development for smart people : the conscious pursuit of personal growth
Authors:Steve Pavlina
Info:Carlsbad, Calif. : Hay House, Inc., 2008.
Rating:1/2
Tags:Self Help Investing Sales & Marketing

Personal Development for Smart People: The Conscious Pursuit of Personal Growth by Steve Pavlina

English (6)  Dutch (2)  All languages (8)
This book has the best definition of intelligence I've ever read. ( )
  IsaacMiller | Jul 4, 2014 |
This book has the best definition of intelligence I've ever read. ( )
  IsaacMiller | Jul 4, 2014 |
In the end, my interpretation of this book, was one of a justification of pursuing wants over needs and satisfying self indulgence. If it was grounded in the political spectrum it would be far right on that continuum. If it was grounded in a grammarians framework, it would be all about first person pronouns. I think the author attempts to justify his own wants in life by building a theory around that to support it.
If I was to rename this I would call it it... "Personal Goals for Selfish people." ( )
  LesMiserables | Nov 19, 2012 |
Found this book to be of little or no use. The concepts put forth in this book basically try to break down all personal development into the primary building blocks (truth, love, power). From this, a number of secondary elements are defined as the intersection between the primary elements. Overall, the book seemed to mostly be an attempt to justify the authors' definition of these building blocks, with little in the way of practical advice or direction.The one section I did enjoy was the splitting of methods for generating income into the value creation type, and the mooching type. I like the idea, and think it is a solid way to summarize a concept I had been playing around with.Perhaps this book would be more valuable to someone a bit further along a personal development or growth path, but for my purposes it fell short. ( )
  cjtoomey | Mar 21, 2010 |
This book is an extension of the author's blog (by the same name). It ties together all the concepts that he believes in, and presented in a coherent way. You will get more out of this book if you keep an open mind, and do some of the actions. As always, reading a book seldom change your life, it's what you do after reading that is life changing. ( )
  shanglee | Nov 18, 2009 |

Personal Development for Smart People reveals the unvarnished truth about what it takes to consciously grow as a human being. As you read, youíll learn the seven universal principles behind all successful growth efforts (truth, love, power, oneness, authority, courage, and intelligence); as well as practical, insightful methods for improving your health, relationships, career, finances, and more.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,486,226 books! | Top bar: Always visible