Get Your War On II by David Rees

Get Your War On II (edition 2004)

by David Rees

Get Your War On is the comic that became a popular sensation for waking America up and being brave enough to make people think - and laugh - in the months following 9/11. Now, David Rees returns to do it once again - just in time for the most anticipated election in years. He's taking on the Bush Doctrine, Operation Iraqi Freedom, the war in Afghanistan, tax cuts, the 2004 campaign - and much, much more! Raw, enraged, sardonic, hilarious, despairing and impossible to ignore' - Rolling Stone'… (more)
Member:occupymuskegon
Title:Get Your War On II
Authors:David Rees
Info:Riverhead Trade (2004), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 208 pages
Tags:Ex Libris David G. Nye

Get Your War On II by David Rees

I am the most suggestable of the suggestables. After seeing the ad for this book on Bookslut, I had it on the brain. Then when I went to Antigone Books a few days ago, looking for an entirely different book that they didn't have and I had to order, I spied this book on my way out. Far be it from me to walk out of a bookstore empty-handed, so of course I had to pick it up and head back to the register (picking up a copy of the latest issue of Bust on the way, which I'm so glad I did because it was a fabulous issue).

Of course I was crazy busy for the next two days, so I ended up reading most of the comics while walking to and from campus. Which seemed to entertain many of the drivers on my street, who stared at me nearly falling over laughing, trying to walk and read at the same time. Needless to say, despite having been at this for years, Rees's humor has not lagged a bit -- if anything it is even more biting. This book is fabulous. ( )
  greeniezona | Dec 6, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,760,658 books! | Top bar: Always visible