Just One of the Guys (Hqn) by Kristan…

Just One of the Guys (Hqn) (edition 2012)

by Kristan Higgins

Member:bwedge
Title:Just One of the Guys (Hqn)
Authors:Kristan Higgins
Info:Harlequin HQN (2012), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Tags:Friends to lovers, witty

Just One of the Guys by Kristan Higgins

Kristan Higgins' books are full of laugh-out-loud snarky hilarity and breathless romance! "Real" heroes and heroines and heartwarming family round out the mix.

A note to my Christian fiction followers: this is not Christian fiction. Read it accordingly. :) ( )
  MeezCarrie | Aug 31, 2015 |
Another solid and satisfying story from Kristan Higgins. I love her complicated yet loveable heroines. ( )
  LolaKarns | Jul 6, 2015 |
  LolaKarns | Jul 6, 2015 |
Loved it. In some of Higgans' other books, the inner dialogue has been a little bit too much; that wasn't the case here. I loved Chastity, and loved listening to her voice.

I also really loved the Chastity/Trevor interaction. I didn't mind the fact that the resolution wasn't until the very end because I felt like there was enough happening between them to both sustain me and lay the foundation. (The building out of the new bathroom brought tears to my eyes.) And given the history of their relationship it seemed entirely justified that there wouldn't have been more interaction than what there was.

The family dynamic was wonderful, too, and the interactions between Chastity and her brothers, with the sisters-in-law, with her parents, her co-workers... Um, o.k., yes, with everyone. I just loved them. They were also pretty funny. Not only were there several laugh-out-loud moments, there was one scene that was hysterical, enough so that I found myself having a laughing fit at 1 a.m. in my bed, trying desperately not to wake up the whole house.

The one downside was a phrase that got used way too many times. But, honestly, that's such a little thing that it didn't detract from my overall enjoyment. Definitely 5-stars for me, and this one goes in the keeper, will-definitely-be-reading-again pile. ( )
  jendoyle2000 | Feb 28, 2014 |
Oh for the love of.... Okay, Chastity's pretty cool. She's tall, she's athletic, she holds her ground (adorably) against her four older brothers and their dumb friends. I empathize with her situation with Trevor; I get why she thinks they can't be together even though she wants to be. But having to wait until the very very end before anything happens between her and Trevor? Oof! Painful. Just painful, and a little unsatisfying because it felt so abrupt. But, like all of Kristan Higgins' books, I couldn't put JUST ONE OF THE GUYS DOWN. Higgins has a natural way of developing characters and their relationships with one another that just flows right off the page and into your life. Chastity stands out from other Higgins females because of her athleticism, but the rest of the book is pure, good, enjoyable Higgins. ( )
  stephxsu | Feb 17, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373772998, Mass Market Paperback)

Being one of the guys isn't all it's cracked up to be…

So when journalist Chastity O'Neill returns to her hometown, she decides it's time to start working on some of those feminine wiles. Two tiny problems: #1—she's five feet eleven inches of rock-solid girl power, and #2—she's cursed with four alpha male older brothers.

While doing a story on local heroes, she meets a hunky doctor and things start to look up. Now there's only one problem: Trevor Meade, her first love and the one man she's never quite gotten over—although he seems to have gotten over her just fine.

Yet the more time she spends with Dr. Perfect, the better Trevor looks. But even with the in-your-face competition, the irresistible Trevor just can't seem to see Chastity as anything more than just one of the guys.…

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:29 -0400)

Though cursed with four alpha male brothers and standing five feet eleven inches, journalist Chastity O'Neill decides to brush up on her feminine wiles when she returns to her hometown. Though she meets Dr. Perfect when doing a story on local heroes, Chastity can't quite get over her first love, Trevor Meade. The problem is that Trevor can't seem to see Chastity as anything more than just one of the guys...… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,151,877 books! | Top bar: Always visible