Fade (Wake Series, Book 2) by Lisa McMann

Fade (Wake Series, Book 2) (edition 2009)

by Lisa McMann

Title:Fade (Wake Series, Book 2)
Authors:Lisa McMann
Info:Simon Pulse (2009), Hardcover, 256 pages

Fade by Lisa McMann

Good story. I'm looking forward to book number three. ( )
  stevealtier | Sep 10, 2015 |
Darker and more intense than its prequel, Fade runs like a good cop show that just happens to have a supernatural element or two. The plot is smoother overall, but just as interesting. It's traded some of the twists and turns for a few incredibly powerful emotional moments, but overall it's a spectacular sequel, and all the things I loved about the first book are still there. Cabel and Janie are still awesome, the Captain is the coolest person ever, the dreaming power remains interesting and believable, and I certainly couldn't tear myself away from the unfolding storyline. It's a little less human-focused than its predecessor, but seems more factual. My only real complaint is about the particular subject matter of this story, and that's a personal issue. If you are not comfortable with mentions of rape and horrible people who take advantage of minors, this is not a book you're going to enjoy too much. It's not quite as empowering as the first book either, but maybe a little more realistic?
I appear to be running in circles here, so let me sum up my point: I preferred Wake personally, but Fade was an excellent sequel and worth the read if you're looking for a fast-paced, exciting story where the main character is a non-useless high school girl.
Who can bench one twenty. Just saying. ( )
  Inkwind | Dec 28, 2013 |
it was a good concept crossing 2 different genres, it had a bit of crime investigations and fantasy. It was a little difficult getting used to reading all those choppy sentences but overall it was a good growing plot. ( )
  bubblyair | Nov 28, 2013 |
Another great book in the series. And I still love Cabe. ( )
  CreativeJunkie | Sep 23, 2013 |
I love the slow build-up in this one. I love how bad-ass Janie is both with her martial arts and her training - and she's really smart as well. I love how she took care of the bad-guys, even after she got drugged.

I didn't love how Cabe couldn't handle things after the bust - I felt so sorry for Janie, the way she had no idea how or why it happened that he needed a break. But she's strong. And I love how she is able to pick herself off the floor, even when there's noone else around - except for maybe the captain. ( )
  Lexxie | Apr 23, 2013 |

Lisa McMannprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Yuen, SammyCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Matt, Kilian, and Kennedy
Janie sprints through the snowy yards from two streets away and slips quietly through the front door of her house.

Using her ability to tap into other people's dreams, eighteen-year-old Janie investigates an alleged sex ring at her high school that involves teachers using the date rape drug on students.

Lisa McMann is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,850,350 books! | Top bar: Always visible