Deadly Desire by Keri Arthur
    Dark Dreamers by Christine Feehan (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and Shifters
    Blaze of Memory by Nalini Singh (Kegan)
    Kegan: Soul Mates and Shifters

English (11)  Italian (1)  All languages (12)
Amazon preorder
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
Rating: 2.5 of 5

My enjoyment of Deadly Desire was definitely hindered by two things: one, I hadn't read any of the previous six books in the Riley Jenson Guardian series; and two, I'm not what you'd call a fan of "paranormal romance."

I bought this book on impulse years ago, not realizing it was the seventh in a series, thinking I might find a story and characters I liked as much as those in Laurell K. Hamilton's books. (Entertainment being the number one reason anyone would read these types of books.) Well, either my tolerance for "romance" is way lower than I first thought or Deadly Desire wasn't very good.

The biggest obstacle was I just didn't like Riley and, since this was the seventh book, there wasn't much in the way of character development. So it was really hard for me to connect with who she was, how I could relate to her, and why she did what she did. Also, there were several brief references to events from the past so I felt I was missing vital history.

Probably, for existing Riley Jenson readers, Deadly Desire would meet all their needs. Unfortunately, for anyone new to the series, it would probably be wiser to start at the beginning, and you most certainly should already love the "paranormal romance" genre.

Please note: My two-star ratings translate to "meh, not the worst ever, but I have no plans to read it again." ( )
  flying_monkeys | Apr 9, 2013 |
This is the 7th book in the series and is part of one of my favourite series of all time. I enjoy the writing, the plots are fresh and keep me guessing, the characters are engaging and likeable or if they are evil they are truly evil no nice parts. Add to that its written by an Australian, set in melbourne and the odd bit of Australian slang creeps in makes it a great read. 4 stars and a small sigh that this series is coming to a close. ( )
  apachecat | Aug 7, 2012 |
This is book 7 in the Riley Jensen Guardian Series and it is as good the rest. I think she is such a great character and her chemistry with Quinn is terrific!

Someone is killing young girls and vampires - Riley quickly realises that someone is raising zombies to do the killings but she has to find out why. In comes Kye another werewolf, he is a bounty hunter after the same people Riley is, there is an unwanted chemistry between these two, they try to fight it but in the end they do discover that they are soul mates - but how can you have a soul mate you don't like, no matter how good the chemistry? Can she still keep Quinn?

Roll on next story - it is not fair that I getting to the end of this series, they have all been soooo good. ( )
  bhryk0 | Jul 15, 2010 |
I don't like to have found out that this series is going to come to a close. This book was great, I enjoyed reading it and I'm immediately going on to the next. ( )
  teharhynn | May 11, 2010 |
The almost ripe moon hung in the midnight sky, and the heat of it sang through my veins.

Seduction that kills. Pleasure to die for. She just can't resist.... Guardian Riley Jensen always seems to face the worst villains. And this time's no different. For it's no ordinary sorceress who can raise the dead to do her killing. But that's exactly what Riley expects to find at the end of a trail of female corpses used - and discarded - in a bizarre ritual of evil. With pressure mounting to catch one fiend, another series of brutal slayings shocks the vampire world of her lover, Quinn. So the last thing Riley needs is the heat of the upcoming full moon bringing her werewolf hormones to a boil---or the reappearance of a sexy bounty hunter, the rogue wolf Kye Murphy.

Riley has threatened Murphy with arrest if he doesn't back off the investigation, but it's Riley who feels handcuffed by Kye's lupine charm. Torn between her vamp and wolf natures, between her love for Quinn and her hots for Kye, Riley knows she's courting danger and indulging the deadliest desires. For her hunt through the supernatural underworld will bring her face-to-face with what lurks in a darkness - where even monsters fear to tread.

As part-wolf, part-vampire Guardian Riley Jenson investigates a series of brutal murders, she is torn between the two sides of her nature and between her vampire lover, Quinn, and irritating but handsome bounty hunter Kye Murphy.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,976,714 books! | Top bar: Always visible