Arrr! (Celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day)

Window by Jeannie Baker

Window (original 1991; edition 1991)

by Jeannie Baker

Member:Warnerp
Title:Window
Authors:Jeannie Baker
Info:Greenwillow Books (1991), Library Binding, 32 pages
Rating:***
Tags:PIC

Window by Jeannie Baker (1991)

I just love this timeline concept, and its execution here. ( )
  2wonderY | May 21, 2014 |
A very unique book! No words, but the collage pictures deliver lots of clues on what has happened. There is so much to talk about in these pictures. And I kept flipping the pages back and forth to study to subtle changes from window to window. I think you need a few "reads" of this book to take it all in.

My 4 year old really enjoyed it, and he tuned right into the plot on the second page spread. He needed some help however comprehending how the little boy towards the end of the book was actually a young man with girlfriend, moving out to get his own place ...

We're definitely checking out [b:Home|407495|Home|Jeannie Baker|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1349007020s/407495.jpg|396815] and [b:Mirror|9045871|Mirror|Jeannie Baker|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1330126477s/9045871.jpg|12651875] from [a:Jeannie Baker|172849|Jeannie Baker|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1272902756p2/172849.jpg] as well. ( )
  Fjola | Oct 17, 2013 |
This book is composed of collage illustrations of the view from a boy's window. As time passes, we see how the environment changes, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.
  AshleyWheeler | May 29, 2013 |
14.95
  mbugler | Mar 6, 2011 |
An important and somewhat disturbing look into the changing landscape out each of our windows. Jeannie Baker's collage art is a nice change of pace from the picture and wordless books I've been reading lately. ( )
  nicholspdx | Nov 21, 2010 |
To Rodney, Haydn and David

A wordless, visually compelling look at our changing environment, featured on a government reading list for schools. A mother and baby look through a window at a view of wilderness and sky as far as the eye can see. With each page, the boy grows and the scene changes. At first, in a clear patch of forest, a single house appears. A few years pass and there is a village in the distance. By the time the boy is twenty, the village has developed into a city. The young man gets married, has a child of his own and moves to the country, where father and child look through the window of their new home at the undeveloped wilderness outside. Illustrated with elaborate and gorgeous collage constructions, Window is a wordless picture book that speaks volumes.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:45:43 -0400)

Chronicles the events and changes in a young boy's life and in his environment, from babyhood to grownup, through wordless scenes observed from the window of his room.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,699,941 books! | Top bar: Always visible