White Star by Elizabeth Vaughan

White Star (2009)

by Elizabeth Vaughan

1195101,247 (3.8)None

The general in an army of zombies led by an evil witch kidnaps the white witch before immediately having the tables flipped and the general becoming the prisoner. Though he's portrayed as evil, it's soon becomes clear that he's very far from being so-though that doesn't stop him from being outcast. It felt like the characters never really fell in love. From the jump it just seemed like they knew they loved each other. On one hand it was romantic and sweet but one the other I'd like to have seen some development as the story progressed. Orrin's physical appearance was never really described to the reading and I found it frustrating not to be able to visualize him as much as I could for Evie. Overall it was a very nice book ( )
  Eden00 | May 14, 2016 |
Interesting read. Perfect for the gym or the commute home. ( )
  lesmel | May 18, 2013 |
Amazon preorder,Amazon received
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
Dagger-star or Red gloves is the first book in this series and this one continues the story.

Lord Orrin is trying to atone for what he did, his sins are great and in his mind he needs to work on his redemption, cleaning up some of the messes left behind by those he worked for should help. He certainly doesn't intend to fall in love.

Lady Evelyn is trying to do the right thing, her goddess has given her clear instruction and she doesn't care what the powers that be say, she's going to follow her goddess first and the people second.

It's been a while since I read the first book so it took me a while to get up to speed but once I was up-to-speed I was flying along and really enjoyed it.

The whole religious subplot was very interesting to me, all about people with power abusing it and people who are spiritual having to work at keeping true to their consciences. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Feb 12, 2013 |
Slow to start, but once you get into this book it's just as enjoyable as the first in the series. The supporting characters are more engaging in this one as well. ( )
  flemmily | Mar 9, 2010 |

Palins, a land in the throes of upheaval... There is no one more addored...Everyone knows that the Lady High Priestess Evelyn is virtuous and noble, one of the leaders of the rebellion against an unjust usurper, as well as a gentle healer who channels the powers of the gods to help the sick and injured. There is no one more despised...Orrin Blackhart, the scourge of Palins, is renound as an evil man. As the war leader of one of the usurper's supporters, he has killed many and stood by while the sorceress he serves created an army of the undead. And there is nothing more unexpected than passion...When Orrin takes Evelyn prisinor during the war, each will discover there is more to the other than expected. And souls that should have clashed will be forged together in desire, redemption, and glory.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,326,279 books! | Top bar: Always visible