Last Chance to See by Douglas Adams

Last Chance to See (1990)

by Douglas Adams, Mark Carwardine

English (51)  German (3)  French (1)  Norwegian (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (57)
A fantastic and interesting book for anyone who loves Douglas Adams, the environment, humor, geography, or animals. ( )
  abbeyhar | Jul 23, 2014 |
This is a great book and a rare non-fiction offering from the late and very great Douglas Adams. It's a look through Adams' eyes at some animal species that are rapidly becoming extinct. In the book we actually get to join Adams on his adventures around the world to see animal biomes and learn just a little more about the science of extinction. This is Adams' call to arms to the readers to save the planet. ( )
1 vote kristen_nicoson | May 7, 2014 |
  kristen_nicoson | May 7, 2014 |

Douglas Adamsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Carwardine, Markmain authorall editionsconfirmed
le Garsmeur, AlainPhotographersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This isn't at all what I expected. In 1985, by some sort of journalistic accident I was sent to Madagascar with Mark Carwardine to look for an almost extinct form of lemur called the aye-aye. None of the three of us had ever met before. I had never met Mark, Mark had never met me, and no one, apparently, had seen an aye-aye in years.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345371984, Paperback)

"Very funny and moving...The glimpses of rare fauna seem to have enlarged [Adams'] thinking, enlivened his world; and so might the animals do for us all, if we were to help them live."
THE WASHINGTON POST BOOK WORLD
Join bestselling author Douglas Adams and zooligist Mark Carwardine as they take off around the world in search of exotic, endangered creatures. Hilarious and poignant--as only Douglas Adams can be--LAST CHANCE TO SEE is an entertaining and arresting odyssey through the Earth's magnificent wildlife galaxy.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:18:01 -0400)

The authors provide an account of their journey around the world in search of endangered animals, including the kakapo of New Zealand, white rhinos in Zaire, and the Komodo lizard

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,331,917 books! | Top bar: Always visible