Tsar by Ted Bell

Overall I enjoyed. However one glaring error of factual information let it down. On page 583 it refers to Tsar Nicholas II wife and Empress as Katherine when it should have been Alexandra Feodorovna. Lack of research I am afraid ( )
  aitch35 | May 29, 2014 |
I disliked this book. What more can I say. I don't really know how I got through it without throwing it out the window unread. I disliked so much about it that it's hard to know where to start. So I won't.

While reading this all I could imagine was James Bond and a comic caricature of him at that. ( )
  Balthazar-Lawson | Mar 29, 2013 |
Not as good as the other Hawke books. Very improbable technology to create the tension. ( )
  EctopicBrain | Dec 4, 2012 |
I enjoyed this book. It was an exciting thriller. Fast-paced like a James Patterson novel. A little unbelievable sometimes, (such as running into Putin in prison), but fun. However a little dark as there is some killing and scary as to possible World War III scenario. But I like the Hawke character and enjoyed his adventures with his friends in Bermuda. ( )
  peppermint82 | Oct 26, 2009 |
This book is absolutely terrible. Its like a literary version of CSI Miami. No sense. People just up and die. Only thing that saves it, is that the characters are interesting and you get curious about what happens to them. This almost worse then a James Patterson book. ( )
  norinrad10 | Aug 15, 2009 |
Most of the book is lightning-fast paced, with the bells (no pun intended) and whistles you’d expect from a spy novel. You can’t go wrong by throwing Tsar in the basket on your next trip to the bookstore.
added by Shortride | editBlogcritics, Bill Bennett (Oct 17, 2008)

With TSAR, Ted Bell has created a very real thriller that mirrors current global events in an all-too-eerie fashion. Bell admittedly immersed himself in Russian culture and politics --- which included spending a considerable amount of time living in Russia --- and used this knowledge and experience as the impetus for the book. With the recent Russian and Georgian conflict making headlines around the globe, you cannot help but wonder whether or not any of the other horrors Bell depicts here will come true.

Swashbuckling counter spy Alex Hawke is the only man, both Americans and the Brits agree, who can stop the madness created by the new Russia and its new Tsar, who is pulling strings and pulling them hard.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,113,661 books! | Top bar: Always visible