dismiss

The Complete Far Side

by Gary Larson

Series: The Far Side (Omnibus Boxed Set)

Originally published in hardcover in 2003, The Complete Far Side was a New York Times bestseller. Now it's back as a paperback set with a newly designed slipcase that will delight Far Side fans. A masterpiece of comic brilliance, The Complete Far Side contains every Far Side cartoon ever syndicated - over 4,000! - presented in chronological order by year of publication, with more than 1,100 that had never before appeared in a book. Also included are additional cartoons Larson created after his retirement and rare insights into the world of The Far Side. Complaint letters, fan letters, and queries from puzzled readers appear alongside some of the more provocative or elusive panels. Comedian Steve Martin provides a hilariously quirky foreword that captures the offbeat and candid humour underlying each comic.… (more)

Done! It took a long time to read The Complete Far Side. It was worth it. For the last couple of years I've worried that I'm losing my sense of humor. Nope. Humor has changed, not me.
  authenticjoy | Mar 29, 2019 |
Only Robin Williams could make me laugh out loud as much as Gary Larson! ( )
  DanNimak | Jan 22, 2018 |
So far I've only read Vol 1 ( )
  bensdad00 | Jan 10, 2017 |
All of Gary Larson's work in 2 volumes, an excellent and ultimate collection for any fan of the Far Side. His offbeat and often dark humor is great. ( )
  Luftwaffe_Flak | Feb 6, 2014 |
recommended for: anyone with a sense of humor, science buffs, Far Side fans

In my opinion, this is by far the funniest and most brilliant cartoon collection out there. This 2 book set contains all the Far Side cartoons that Gary Larson created, and there are some real gems in here. (I also have all the earlier Far Side books as well. I've been a huge fan from the beginning.) Exceptionally funny and intelligent. ( )
1 vote Lisa2013 | Apr 16, 2013 |

Gary Larsonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Martin, SteveForewordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,854,624 books! | Top bar: Always visible