Lioness Rampant by Tamora Pierce
Title:Lioness Rampant
Authors:Tamora Pierce
Info:Simon Pulse 2005-01-01 (2005), Paperback
Rating:*****

Lioness Rampant by Tamora Pierce (1988)

Recently added byprivate library, TuRoCards, Zaffiro, caitief, Rem71090, Hegemellman, imyril, SydneyKrause, ceecee83, lawong

Sigh... I know I would love this series. Doesn't disappoint at all. Review when I'm in the mood to get out of my writer shell. As if... ( )
  aoibhealfae | Sep 23, 2013 |
  aoibhealfae | Sep 23, 2013 |
I've read this multiple times, but I just finished listening to the audio as read by Trini Alvarado. Alvarado did a fine job for the most part, but there were some pronunciations that seemed off - I don't think I had ever heard swathed pronounced with a long "a" even though the dictionary lists it as a variant pronunciation. However, the ending still made me cry (which was probably not the safest driving situation ever) despite knowing ahead of time what was going to happen. ( )
  JenJ. | Mar 31, 2013 |
This, I think, was the best book of them all.

Pierce really hit her stride with the storytelling, and kept things moving. Love was lost, and found. Friendships were made.

And I cried a little when Faithful died. Poor Faithful!

Sometime in the near future, I will be moving on to the next quartet in the universe, though I have many more books to read between now and then. ( )
  erincathryn | Mar 31, 2013 |
Lioness Rampant is the last in the Song of the Lioness series. Alanna is now the first Woman Knight in hundreds of years. She travels to the Roof of the World to retrive the Dominion Jewel. This will prove that she is a worthy knight and help Jonathan. Jonathan makes her his Champion when she comes home. She and others expect soomething to go at his Coranation and are right. Roger, brought back from the dead by her brother, and other are planning an attack on the King. She defeates Roger and Jonathan uses the Jewel to save the Place but her brother, Liam and her companion Faithful die. George retires from crime and they get married.
I loved this book like all of her others. Although she could have the end where her and George decide to get married more creative. After him, Liam, and Jonathan all wanting to marry her it should have been more interesting. Although other than that is was wonderful. I wish there where more than four books. It's always sad to finish a good book. I am glad that Jonathan and Thayet are going to get married though, then Alanna wouln't feel bad about not marring him. Tamora Pierce write truly amazing books.
  boullion.iris1998 | Oct 26, 2011 |

Tamora Pierceprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Alvarado, TriniNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Chochola, FrantisekIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Neckenauer, UllaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my husband, Tim, who is teaching me that "the M word" can be a good word. And to my editor, Jean Karl, who changed her initial "no" to "yes."
On a March afternoon a knight and a man-at-arms reached the gates of the Marenite city of Berat.
All her life she'd planned to be a knight-errant, roving the world to do great deeds. But now she was learning that such a life included periods of boredom, riding through countryside that seldom changed. Not every village had a cruel overlord; few crossroads were held by evil knights.

-- chapter 1, p.16
"Now that I think of it, I don't know how the famous heroes of the past were able to take things from the entities that guarded them -- not if they were as noble as the stories claim. When you look at it right, it is stealing."

-- Alanna, chapter 4, p.130

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0689878575, Mass Market Paperback)

"I'm not sure I want to be a hero anymore."

Having achieved her dream of becoming the first female knight errant, Alanna of Trebond is not sure what to do next. Perhaps being a knight errant is not all that Alanna needs....But Alanna must push her uncertainty aside when a new challenge arises. She must recover the Dominion Jewel, a legendary gem with enormous power for good -- but only in the right hands. And she must work quickly. Tortall is in great danger, and Alanna's archenemy, Duke Roger, is back -- and more powerful than ever. In this final book of the Song of the Lioness quartet, Alanna discovers that she indeed has a future worthy of her mythic past -- both as a warrior and as a woman.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:21:10 -0400)

Alanna continues to create her own life as a female warrior when she and new companions journey to the Roof of the World seeking the powerful Dominion Jewel, perhaps the last hope of saving her country from dissension and hostile magic. "I'm not sure I want to be a hero anymore." Having achieved her dream of becoming the first female knight errant, Alanna of Trebond is not sure what to do next. Perhaps being a knight errant is not all that Alanna needs ... But Alanna must push her uncertainty aside when a new challenge arises. She must recover the Dominion Jewel, a legendary gem with enormous power for good -- but only in the right hands. And she must work quickly. Tortall is in great danger, and Alanna's archenemy, Duke Roger, is back -- and more powerful than ever. In this final book of the Song of the Lioness quartet, Alanna discovers that she indeed has a future worthy of her mythic past -- both as a warrior and as a woman.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,238,838 books! | Top bar: Always visible