Lifetimes: The Beautiful Way to Explain…

Lifetimes: The Beautiful Way to Explain Death to Children (edition 1983)

by Bryan Mellonie, Robert Ingpen

Info:Bantam (1983), Edition: 1, Paperback, 40 pages
Collections:ECED160
Tags:death

Lifetimes by Bryan Mellonie

Recently added byPHCHospice, dallasuur.e., FirstLutheranChurch, private library, KaylaL, fusplibrary, Gfarrell

This book talks about how there is a beginning, ending of everything that's alive and in between that is living. Such as the lifetime for plants, people, birds, fish, trees and animals.

age 5
pierce county library
  KaylaL | Feb 21, 2014 |
This book answers questions about death. It is gentle enough to be appropriate for home or school.
age: 5,6,7
source: Guiding Behavior
  michellehewitt | Oct 22, 2013 |
This book help children to understand death and life in a way that is good for children.

Source: Pierce College Library
Age:4-6
  maydeegalarza | Jun 2, 2013 |
REVIEW: "Lifetimes is a moving book for children of all ages, even parents too. It lets us explain life and death in a sensitive, caring, beautiful way. Lifetimes tells us about beginnings. And about endings. And about living in between. With large, wonderful illustrations, it tells about plants. About animals. About people. It tells that dying is as much a part of living as being born. It helps us to remember. It helps us to understand"
SOURCE: Amazon.com
  awetnoodle | Mar 16, 2013 |
SOURCE: Amazon.com
  everything4nothin | Mar 12, 2013 |

Bryan Mellonieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ingpen, RobertIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

This sensitive book is a useful tool in explaining to children that death is a part of life and that, eventually, all living things reach the end of their own special lifetimes.

When the death of a relative, a friend, or a pet happens or is about to happen . . . how can we help a child to understand?

Lifetimes is a moving book for children of all ages, even parents too. It lets us explain life and death in a sensitive, caring, beautiful way. Lifetimes tells us about beginnings. And about endings. And about living in between. With large, wonderful illustrations, it tells about plants. About animals. About people. It tells that dying is as much a part of living as being born. It helps us to remember. It helps us to understand.

Lifetimes . . . a very special, very important book for you and your child. The book that explains—beautifully—that all living things have their own special Lifetimes.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:26:17 -0400)

Briefly describes the beginning and end of life for plants, animals, insects, and people.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,422,482 books! | Top bar: Always visible