Mind Over Mood: Change How You Feel by…

Mind Over Mood: Change How You Feel by Changing the Way You Think

by Dennis Greenberger, Christine Padesky

Recommended by everyone. Samantha Roberts
  RCPsychLibrary | Oct 14, 2013 |
Mind Over Mood was recommended by my psychiatrist to start me on CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) on the path to MBCBT (Mindfulness Based CBT). It has been very helpful and I have been doing the "Thought Records" for a while. They help me to understand what automatic thoughts kick me into my moods and what options I have for changing them. Doing it over time has helped me understand what hot thoughts recur and so need to be worked on. I am sure that the exercises would be helpful even without professional guidance although my therapist is able to help me with the issues better than I could have done without his help. ( )
  Bidwell-Glaze | Oct 8, 2013 |
Excellent reference for those struggling with depression or other "wrong-thinking". Helps you to sort out the actual things that happen from your perceptions of them - which may be incorrect.
Recommended by virtually every psychologist I've met. I'd like to say I worked through it and it helped, but Just looking through the book helped me the first time. I keep it on hand in case I find myself slipping into depression again. ( )
  Dabble58 | Nov 21, 2012 |
This book is great for people who may be experiencing life difficulties and can't/don't want to go to a therapist. It can also be used with the help of a therapist. ( )
  kawgirl | Sep 30, 2006 |

Dennis Greenbergerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Padesky, Christinemain authorall editionsconfirmed
An oyster creates a pearl out of a grain of sand.

Developed by two master clinicians with extensive experience in cognitive therapy treatment and training, this popular workbook shows readers how to improve their lives using cognitive therapy. The book is designed to be used alone or in conjunction with professional treatment. Step-by-step worksheets teach specific skills that have helped hundreds of thousands people conquer depression, panic attacks, anxiety, anger, guilt, shame, low self-esteem, eating disorders, substance abuse and relationship problems. Readers learn to use mood questionnaires to identify, rate, and track changes in feelings; change the thoughts that contribute to problems; follow step-by-step strategies to improve moods; and take action to improve daily living and relationships. The book's large-size format facilitates reading and writing ease.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:01 -0400)

Written by two clinical psychologists, this manual shows you how to improve your life using cognitive therapy - one of the most effective and widely practiced forms of psychotherapy. Step-by-step worksheets teach you specific skills that have helped thousands of people conquer depression, panic attacks, anxiety, anger, quilt, shame, low self-esteem, eating disorders, substance abuse, and relationship problems.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,077,822 books! | Top bar: Always visible