Only Pleasure by Lora Leigh

Only Pleasure (2008)

by Lora Leigh

This is Chase Falladay's book. I think that he is my second favorite alpha male in this series. I mean there are a lot of wonderful number of hot males but several stand out as the absolutely the most wonderful. Chase is also a torture male that I have a weak spot for. I felt so bad that he had to shoot Moriah in Cam's book. That shooting really did effect him more than he let anyone know. Both of these men have had such a very bad life that they deserve a happy ending. I also like that Chase fights so hard to keep from admitting that he loves Kia. I am glad that it all works out though.

I didn't think I would like Kia. I remember her from the earlier books when her husband tried to rape her with a third and the rumors of the Trojans started circulating around Alexandria. I was surprised that Kia did as much as she did to make the rumors go away. She proves that she is the perfect mate for Chase. She challenges and dares Chase throughout the book. I am sure there are times Chase wishes he could tie Kia to a bed permanently so he could have her all the time. Kia is also brave and a little reckless. I am sure she will give Chase gray hair eventually with her antics.

We see more of Daniel Conover and Sebastian in this book. I would love to see both of these characters get their own stories. They have always stirred my imagination.

This story is a great addition to this series. I hope that Ms. Leigh continues to write more of these books. This is one of my favorite series of books and I always look froward to the next one. ( )
  LadyIsis | Mar 5, 2013 |
It's definitely supernova hot, but I just didn't fall in love with the hero or heroine. I really liked Khalid though, so maybe I'll feel more connected to his story. ( )
  aromagik | Dec 1, 2010 |
Thsi is the Bound hearts Series Book Number 10. Hot, steamy, sad, true romance. Great Book! I hope that it lasts and of course it will, its just a book!
  Capron09 | Nov 9, 2009 |
First time reading this author. Very discriptive book. Could not put it down. Great read. ( )
  seasaw432 | Aug 18, 2009 |
Author: Lora Leigh
Series Connection: Book 10 of the Bound Hearts Series
ISBN: 978-0312368739
Genre: Erotic Contemporary Romance

5 Hearts

This book is a continuation of Lora Leigh's Bound Heart series. The novel continues where the previous, Wicked Pleasures ended. In Wicked Pleasures Lora introduced readers to twins Cameron and Chase Falladay. The two brothers are private investigators who work exclusively for "The Club". Only Pleasure is the story of Chase Falladay.

The story begins with a familiar tale that readers of the Bound Hearts series should recognize. In other books in the series members of "The Club" have referred to the woman who almost let the secret club out in the open. She was a woman scorn by her husband, as the tale went, who told about the dark habits of "The Club's" members. Now after hearing of this infamous woman for the past nine books, Lora has allowed us to meet her and learn that maybe she wasn't the vindictive woman we all thought she was.

Finding out that her husband was interested in sharing her with another man was a complete surprise to Kia Rutherford-Stanton. So surprising as a matter of fact the man didn't inform her what he was doing until he got her drunk and nearly raping her in the process. When rumors start to circulate about her husband's involvement with "The Club", Chase has to go to Kia and ask her to help him stop the rumors.

For years Kia has kept to herself. She took the blame for what happened two years ago and them backed away from all the friends and people she once knew. When she does come out in public she holds her head high and pretends nothing is wrong. After one such event, Kia runs into Chase and his friend Khalid and spends a night with the two men she will never forget.

Chase has always cared for Kia. He realized long before she married her husband that she was special to him, but he didn't think she could handle his dark side. Now even though she has submitted to him and his third, he still isn't sure getting involved with her is the right thing to do. When someone tries to kill Kia, Chase can't allow anything to happen to her. Kia knows she can trust her life in Chase's hands, but can she trust her heart?
Each and every one of Lora's Bound Hearts series is delightfully wicked. This author is truly a master at erotic romance and even at book ten the theme of this series isn't getting old. I particularly love the Falladay twins and the women they have chosen. The supporting characters are also very appealing. As with Saxon before he had his own story, I can't wait until Khalid finds his match.

Description:
Since Chase Falladay came to her rescue two years ago, Kia Stanton has never been able to forget the powerful man or the kind of life he leads. So two years later when she runs into Chase and his friend, Khalid, and leaves with them that night, she knows exactly where it is all heading. However, little prepares her for what it is like to be in Chase's arms, and in his bed. After years of holding back, Kia is finally able to be the woman she's always dreamed of being in his arms. Kia is a dream Chase has not allowed himself to entertain. Now that he has her, it's her heart he's after and he's determined to win it, no matter the cost. And even though they both agreed that it would only be for pleasure, somewhere along the way it becomes and all-consuming love.

About the author from her Website:
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora's family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in relative peace with each other. Surrounded by a menagerie of pets, friends, and a teenage son who keeps her quick wit engaged, Lora's life is filled with joys, aided by her fans whose hearts remind her daily why she writes. ( )
  romanceroni | Jul 22, 2009 |
Natalie, there aren't enough words to thank you for the hours you put in
reading, discussing, and listening to me moan and groan.
Thank you.

And to my very patient editor, Monique.
Thanks.
Kia Rutherford-Stanton opened the door to her penthouse suite and stared at the man on the other side.

Since Chase Falladay came to her rescue two years ago, Kia Stanton has never been able to forget the powerful man or the kind of life he leads. So two years later when she runs into Chase and his friend, Khalid, and leaves with them that night, she knows exactly where it is all heading. However, little prepares her for what it is like to be in Chase’s arms, and in his bed. After years of holding back, Kia is finally able to be the woman she’s always dreamed of being in his arms.Kia is a dream Chase has not allowed himself to entertain. Now that he has her, it’s her heart he’s after and he’s determined to win it, no matter the cost. And even though they both agreed that it would only be for pleasure, somewhere along the way it becomes and all-consuming love.

Leigh delivers a delicious, unforgettable new tale of a steamy affair that begins only for pleasure, but somewhere along the way becomes an all-consuming love. Highly intense, poignantly emotional, and wonderfully delicious.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,359,070 books! | Top bar: Always visible