Dream Warrior by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Dream Warrior (edition 2009)

by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Member:wyvernfriend
Title:Dream Warrior
Authors:Sherrilyn Kenyon (Author)
Info:Little, Brown Book Group (2009), Paperback
Collections:Library Loans, Read but unowned
Rating:***1/2
Tags:fiction, read, 2012, library, rr, dreamweavers, gods, roman, greek, romance, paranormal

Dream Warrior by Sherrilyn Kenyon

I have been a HUGE fan of Sherrilyn Kenyon's work ever since reading her book Acheron. Her writing amazes me and there is just a quality to it that seems to pull me in every single time. So I always take an opportunity when I can to read something of hers. That is why when I saw this particular book for pretty much nothing at my local store, I grabbed it.

I always love how each of her books, or at least most of them, stars a different character from the last. And this one did not disappoint in that regard. This story focuses on a character named Cratus, who was sentenced to exile by Zues after he completely disobeyed orders to kill a child. He has spent his entire exile so far basically being killed and brought back each night and having to endure a mortal life. He has also spent his time plotting his revenge. So when he gets that very chance, after being given a choice to stand with the enemy for a war against those who spurned him and being guaranteed his powers back, he ultimately embraces it.

Delphine, the other main character of this story, is sent to sway him and basically sees him agreeing to help the enemy. She immediately goes to tell everyone of this sudden development when suddenly an ambush occurs, pulling her and the man she is supposed to be bringing to their side together in unforeseen circumstances. Things start off a bit rocky between the two, but the more they spend time with one another, the more they will see that they truly want to be together. And their budding relationship will be the deciding factor between whether or not Cratus breaks from his new allies and goes over to help those who did not help him so long ago.

There were a couple of times where I became confused with passage or two that I had read, but that is mostly attributed to not being able to read the book all the way through in one go. I was reading this and putting it down and reading other books and picking this one back up, so that is not really the fault of the story itself. Other than that, though, this was a typical Sherrilyn Kenyon story. Old characters came back, the dialogue was funny, and her world just jumped right off the page. This is, for me, yet again a successful read from this wonderful author. ( )
  westkayla1221 | Nov 18, 2014 |
This is the first Dream Hunter that I loved. This moves the gods forward and starts showing some real alliances form. Still it is not a book on its own by far. Don't read this one if you don't have most of the series or you'll be lost on who is who. I found out I was confusing Jaden and Jared from the other novels and now can distinguish. I have to go to Acheron and see who plays the video game Viva Pinyata.

The romance is good not great but at this point that is not why I am reading the series. I liked both Cratus/Jericho and Delphine, maybe more Jericho because he seems more calculating. Delphine seems young, 6000.

Overall a very good edition to the Dream-Hunter story. ( )
  tivonut | Jul 25, 2013 |
it amazes me, but these books just get better and better! ( )
  Lexxie | Apr 23, 2013 |
Delphine has a mission, Zeus has sent her to find Cratus, the son of Warcraft and Hate, a man who defied Zeus and has had nothing but misfortune and pain ever since. Zeus isn't diplomatic about his return and Crasus turns to his enemies to exact his revenge, but is he willing to pay the price of joining the enemies of Zeus and is he really the only other choice.

I liked it, the two main characters s parked well of one another and the tension ramped up pretty well. The end was also very satisfying. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Nov 7, 2012 |
This book was not quite what I was expecting. I will say that I enjoyed the book, but not quite as much as I have others. I loved the different groups working together against a common evil and can't wait to see what becomes of it.I have to say that the relationship between Jericho/Cratus and Delphine squicked me out some. To think that he saved her as a baby, then become her lover all those years later just weirded me out. Kind of like having a relationship with someone who is considered family. ( )
  mzserena | May 17, 2012 |
Delphine paused to get her bearings as she looked around the old buildings with iron-work balconies or elaborate wood trim, many of which had boards over their windows.

We are the Dolophoni. Diligent. Vigilant. Fierce and inescapable. Servants of the Furies, we are the right hand of justice and no one stands before us.

The son of Warcraft and Hate, Cratus spent eternity battling for the ancient gods who birthed him. He was death to any who crossed him. Until the day he laid down his arms and was banished into exile.

Now an ancient enemy has been unleashed and our dreams are his chosen battlefield. The only hope we have is the one god who swears he will never fight again.

As a Dream-Hunter, Delphine has spent eternity protecting mankind from the predators who prey on our unconscious state. But now that her allies have been turned, she knows in order to survive, the Dream-Hunters need a new leader. Someone who can train them to fight their new enemies. Cratus is her only hope. But she is a bitter reminder of why he chose to lay down his arms.

Time is running out and if she can't win him to her cause, mankind will be slaughtered and the world we know will soon cease to exist.

Delphine Toussaint is a philanthropist with a passion for world peace. When a chance meeting brings her together with Cratus, a Dolophoni, the two develop a striking bond. Cratus is at first baffled by this human and her open nature, but he soon he realizes that Delphine is the key to completing his mission.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,477,820 books! | Top bar: Always visible