Dream Warrior by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Dream Warrior (edition 2009)

by Sherrilyn Kenyon (Author)

Member:wyvernfriend
Title:Dream Warrior
Authors:Sherrilyn Kenyon (Author)
Info:Little, Brown Book Group (2009), Paperback
Collections:Library Loans, Read but unowned
Rating:***1/2
Tags:fiction, read, 2012, library, rr, dreamweavers, gods, roman, greek, romance, paranormal

Dream Warrior by Sherrilyn Kenyon

This is the first Dream Hunter that I loved. This moves the gods forward and starts showing some real alliances form. Still it is not a book on its own by far. Don't read this one if you don't have most of the series or you'll be lost on who is who. I found out I was confusing Jaden and Jared from the other novels and now can distinguish. I have to go to Acheron and see who plays the video game Viva Pinyata.

The romance is good not great but at this point that is not why I am reading the series. I liked both Cratus/Jericho and Delphine, maybe more Jericho because he seems more calculating. Delphine seems young, 6000.

Overall a very good edition to the Dream-Hunter story. ( )
  tivonut | Jul 25, 2013 |
it amazes me, but these books just get better and better! ( )
  Lexxie | Apr 23, 2013 |
Delphine has a mission, Zeus has sent her to find Cratus, the son of Warcraft and Hate, a man who defied Zeus and has had nothing but misfortune and pain ever since. Zeus isn't diplomatic about his return and Crasus turns to his enemies to exact his revenge, but is he willing to pay the price of joining the enemies of Zeus and is he really the only other choice.

I liked it, the two main characters s parked well of one another and the tension ramped up pretty well. The end was also very satisfying. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Nov 7, 2012 |
This book was not quite what I was expecting. I will say that I enjoyed the book, but not quite as much as I have others. I loved the different groups working together against a common evil and can't wait to see what becomes of it.I have to say that the relationship between Jericho/Cratus and Delphine squicked me out some. To think that he saved her as a baby, then become her lover all those years later just weirded me out. Kind of like having a relationship with someone who is considered family. ( )
  mzserena | May 17, 2012 |
This was a real improvement over "One Silent Night." Jericho and Delphine were more enjoyable as a couple, with the familiar theme of an angry, wounded-soul saved by love. That has been a staple of the D-H series, and part of what keeps me coming back. That said, this entry also heightened my fear that the gods are taking over. Acheron is one of the most-powerful gods; his mother is the Great Destroyer. So, where do we go from there to provide a challenge? We need new, even more all-powerful gods direct from "the Source" who threaten all the existing pantheons. Enter Noir and Azura, and a bunch more. Don't get me wrong, the expanded mythology IS interesting. My concern is that the series has strayed so far from the Dark-Hunter redemptions, especially given how "Acheron" ended with Artemis refusing to bargain for their souls.

The story opens with Noir having attacked the entire Greek Pantheon. Many gods have been killed, and many more captured. They need a great warrior who draws his power from the Source - like Cratus, the god Zeus has been torturing for centuries for disobeying an order to kill a baby. Though I think the mythology is getting carried away, this installment did provide a lot of answers (like where the heck has Noir been the entire series to suddenly be a threat?), made the Oneroi a major plot-thread, and gave us more interaction with Jaden and Jared. I think they are two of the best new characters - the first in a long time that make me want them to get their own novel. Overall, the story was fast-paced, the romance was sexy (albeit rushed), and we got a lot of answers. Not the best of the series, but definitely a worthwhile read. ( )
  jshillingford | Aug 2, 2011 |
Delphine paused to get her bearings as she looked around the old buildings with iron-work balconies or elaborate wood trim, many of which had boards over their windows.

We are the Dolophoni. Diligent. Vigilant. Fierce and inescapable. Servants of the Furies, we are the right hand of justice and no one stands before us.

The son of Warcraft and Hate, Cratus spent eternity battling for the ancient gods who birthed him. He was death to any who crossed him. Until the day he laid down his arms and was banished into exile.

Now an ancient enemy has been unleashed and our dreams are his chosen battlefield. The only hope we have is the one god who swears he will never fight again.

As a Dream-Hunter, Delphine has spent eternity protecting mankind from the predators who prey on our unconscious state. But now that her allies have been turned, she knows in order to survive, the Dream-Hunters need a new leader. Someone who can train them to fight their new enemies. Cratus is her only hope. But she is a bitter reminder of why he chose to lay down his arms.

Time is running out and if she can't win him to her cause, mankind will be slaughtered and the world we know will soon cease to exist.

Delphine Toussaint is a philanthropist with a passion for world peace. When a chance meeting brings her together with Cratus, a Dolophoni, the two develop a striking bond. Cratus is at first baffled by this human and her open nature, but he soon he realizes that Delphine is the key to completing his mission.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,345,516 books! | Top bar: Always visible