Cows of Our Planet by Gary Larson

Cows of Our Planet (original 1992; edition 1992)

by Gary Larson

Member:sunny
Title:Cows of Our Planet
Authors:Gary Larson
Info:Time Warner Paperbacks (1992), Paperback
Tags:funny

Cows of Our Planet by Gary Larson (1992)

One of my favorite Far Side collections. I like cows, so the title says it all. Also, there is not a bad Far Side collection. ( )
  bness2 | May 23, 2017 |
Its a Far Side Collection, this time with an emphasis in cows and other natural phenomenon!

As always, Gary Larson is funny. Very funny. Between the caption and illustration, it perfectly illustrates how absurd our world is.

Highly recommended. ( )
  TheDivineOomba | Feb 20, 2016 |
Having recently read a bit of Shaun Tan, some of the cartoons reminded me of him.
This is American, obviously, and there are a couple of frames that I just don't get no matter how long I look at them. This volume contains quite a few spoofs on cowboy movie tropes as well as lots of new interpretations of English idioms using lesser known animals and a running gag between a couple of guys stranded on a desert island. My favourite is the roomful of middle-aged unlikely looking karate players who look out the window and see an alien ship land in main street. Now is the chance for them to put their newfound skills to practical use AND save the entire town... ( )
  LynleyS | Oct 25, 2014 |
I continue to be impressed by the creativity of Gary Larson's cartoons! ( )
  dukefan86 | May 29, 2013 |
It's not that I don't get Gary Larson's 'The Far Side', I just don't find it that funny. Occasionally one of the cartoons will get me, but overall it's not my thing. ( )
  Moomin_Mama | May 10, 2010 |
"Hey...this could be the chief."

The Far Side® and the Larson® signature are registered trademarks of FarWorks, Inc.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:34 -0400)

Collection of the cartoon "The Far Side." Holy cow! Larson's back with the personal obsession that took the world by its cud. In his new book he gives millions of Far Side readers something to chew on: 150 cartoons never before published in book form, as well as a hilarious full-color fold-out of cows of the planet, which is destined to become the essential bovine reference guide.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,517,234 books! | Top bar: Always visible