Kids Knitting, Projects for Kids of All Ages…

Kids Knitting, Projects for Kids of All Ages - 2003 publication (edition 2003)

by Mlan Falck

Member:lorrielibrary2
Title:Kids Knitting, Projects for Kids of All Ages - 2003 publication
Authors:Mlan Falck
Info:
Tags:Basic Arts 2010

Kids Knitting: Projects for Kids of all Ages by Melanie Falick

In fifteen easy projects, from bouncy bean bags to a rolled-edge sweater, author and knitting expert Melanie Falick teaches kids of all ages how to knit. Through step-by-step instructions and candy-colored illustrations, beginners learn the fundamentals: knitting tools, finger-knitting, and basic stitches such as knit, purl, mattress, overcast, embroidery, and stockinette.
Kids Knitting emphasizes fun in every step of the learning process. Sunny paintings by Kristin Nicholas illustrate the individual steps of each technique. Bright boxes of blues, greens, and reds explain everything from button-sewing to tassel-tying. Charming photographs by Chris Hartlove feature finished projects modeled by the creators themselves--all kids who knit.

Best of all, kids get to keep and use whatever they make: bookmarks, backpacks, bracelets, even their own set of customized knitting needles, topped with acorn caps or polka dot balls. ( )
  RochesterKnittingGui | Apr 17, 2016 |
Kids Knitting
Lots of useful information about how to start knitting. Great projects for kids to learn the craft.
Love the charity aspect of this book. Tips along the way. Liked hearing the traditional patterns used by other countries around the world.
Lots of possibilities with different patterns are included.
  jbarr5 | Sep 30, 2015 |
The best book, hands down, for teaching knitting. I've used it with kids from age 9 on up. I also recommend it for adults who don't have anyone around to help them learn, because the illustrations are superb. ( )
  KSchimmel | Feb 4, 2013 |
I was given this book as a child when I first started knitting, and it has served me well even as I have gotten older. It explains techniques clearly and has good illustrations. The full-color photos of, well, kids knitting, lend good cheer to the book. It contains a number of projects suitable for both children and the adult beginner, and it's a great reference to have. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for an introduction to knitting. ( )
  Maiasaura | May 16, 2011 |
This is the book I'd buy for a kid who wants to learn to knit. Heck, I'd suggest it as the first book for an adult who wants to learn to knit too. There's a section on how to knit, and then patterns that use the skills explained.

The increase in difficulty for patterns doesn't have a big jump (knit a scarf, then knit a sweater), and the patterns are wearable/useful.

This one book would get you pretty far--meaning you could become a fairly proficient knitter using the explanations and patterns in this book, without having to go find other books.

Caveat: I haven't knit any of the patterns, so I don't know how readable/clear they are. ( )
  sonyagreen | Jun 18, 2010 |

Think you're too young? Think you're too old? Author Melanie Falick teaches kids of all ages how to knit with fifteen easy projects, from bouncy beanbags to a rolled-edge sweater. Using straightforward language, step-by-step instructions, and bright candy-colored illustrations, beginners learn the basics, including finer knitting, casting on and binding in the round and shaping. Phototgraphs feature finished projects modeled by a delightful case of young knitters. Best of all, kids get to have fun creating things they can actually use—bookmarks, backpacks, bracelets, and more.

Provides step-by-step instructions covering the basic stitches, knitting tools, and finger-knitting, with directions for twelve easy projects.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,883,882 books! | Top bar: Always visible