Barefoot in Paris: Easy French Food You Can…

Barefoot in Paris: Easy French Food You Can Make at Home

by Ina Garten

The recipes look amazing -- I fell in love with this book just by browsing through it. Ina's passion for French food is contagious and I can't wait to try some of the recipes. Everything is presented in a simple, straightforward, non-intimidating way for the novice chef. Those who are initially overwhelmed by the idea of French cooking (like myself) will find themselves saying "Hey...I think I can do that!" with this book. ( )
  Matsar | Jul 16, 2009 |
Ina Garten's talent is making good food accessible, possible, for the nonprofessional cook. She takes out the mystique and leaves the goodness. I have all of her books, but this is probably my favorite of them.

Thanks to her recommendation, I made a pilgrimage to Dehillerin when we were in Paris this year; what a wonderful place!
  Linda_22003 | Dec 26, 2007 |
Simply, one of my favorite cook books- ever. All these recipes feel like a tour of France, and having lived there, I miss eating the French way. None of the recipes are over done, giving the flavors a true taste of France. Bottom line, if you can't visit Paris, at least eat like a Parisian. Bon appetit! ( )
  mchenson | Dec 17, 2007 |
This books was worth its price for me because of one recipe - the one that she had at Le Coup Choux in Paris. We love that restaurant, and even if her recipe is not exactly what we have, it's close enough. ( )
  louparris | Jul 14, 2007 |

Provides recipes for simple dishes from France, using fresh, quality ingredients to concoct new twists on traditional French favorites, including steak au poivre, and creme brulee.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,783,320 books! | Top bar: Always visible