Planting a Rainbow by Lois Ehlert

Planting a Rainbow (original 1988; edition 1992)

by Lois Ehlert

Title:Planting a Rainbow
Authors:Lois Ehlert
Info:Sandpiper (1992), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 40 pages
Tags:Picture Book, Different types of flowers, steps on how to plants flowers, colors

Planting a Rainbow by Lois Ehlert (1988)

Planting a Rainbow is a beautiful book about all the many different colored plants there are. It goes through different types of plants with illustrations and their names and then sorts them into the colors of the rainbow. This book is a modern fantasy.
  Jcadd13 | Oct 21, 2015 |
Plant the rainbow is a really good example of a multimodal book. The book goes through the process of growing an extremely colorful garden, or fruits, vegetables, and other plants. This can be used to talk about plants, about colors, and about the process of life growing. Our group did a multimodal lesson on this by creating our own garden. I think this book would be very helpful in the classroom for a science lesson about how plants grow. I remember learning about that as a child, and this book could have been a great introduction to that process. My reading of this book is pretty straightforward. It is a book teaching the basics of plant growth, in ways children can understand. The illustrations in this book are great, because they are colorful and very basic so children can understand them. ( )
  Tkahoun | Oct 13, 2015 |
I brought this book in for class on our day for multimodal books. I gave this story a four out of five stars because I think that it is a great way to incorporate art into the classroom. This book was about how to start a flower garden. It started to explain how you plant the bulbs and then you start to watch them grow. Some of the pages had interesting designs. one page had 6 pages attached to it showing the different colors of flowers. This story was pertained to younger children, to show them ways to grow flowers. It was meant to be a multimodal book. The illustrations look like they were painted. I liked the illustrations, but the background was just white. The flowers were colorful, but it was hard with the background being white. A teacher would use this in a younger classroom by showing them how to plant a garden full of flowers. This book should give teachers plenty ideas of how to incorporate art into a classroom. ( )
  j.swancutt | Oct 11, 2015 |
This book is about plants. It shows how planting flowers/plants underground and above can make beautiful colors. It shows all the things you have to do to care for the flowers/plants so that a pretty rainbow will come out of the ground.

This is a great book for children to learn colors, how to plant flowers, and get information on how the plants grow throughout the year. I really liked this book.

Classroom ideas would be to plant a plant in class. The teacher could get the materials needed for planting and the children could get involved by planting the seeds on their own. ( )
  charli87 | Jul 20, 2015 |
I loved reading this book like how, a little girl and her mom, plant the seeds in their garden, its so much colorful, The little girl sees the colors of the followers and think that its a rainbow. ( )
  imranahmed | May 15, 2015 |

This educational and enjoyable book helps children understand how to plant bulbs, seeds, and seedlings, and nurture their growth. “The stylized representations of flower species are labeled throughout, allowing young children to get an idea of how each flower type contributes to the rainbow effect.”--Booklist

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:13 -0400)

A mother and child plant a rainbow of flowers in the family garden.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,861,957 books! | Top bar: Always visible