Die Jäger: Thriller by David Baldacci

Die Jäger: Thriller (edition 2011)

by David Baldacci, Uwe Anton (Übersetzer)

1,712None4,126 (3.84)46
Member:Regina2609
Title:Die Jäger: Thriller
Authors:David Baldacci
Other authors:Uwe Anton (Übersetzer)
Info:Bastei Lübbe (Lübbe Hardcover) (2011), Ausgabe: 1, Gebundene Ausgabe, 496 Seiten
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Thriller, USA, Camel-Club, Oliver Stone ermordet hochrangige Geheimdienstler, Jagd duch Middelwest

Divine Justice by David Baldacci

English (49)  Spanish (1)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (52)
SUMMARY: Following the instant # 1 "New York Times" bestseller "Stone Cold, " Oliver Stone and the Camel Club return in David Baldacci's most surprising thriller yet . . . Known by his alias, "Oliver Stone," John Carr is the most wanted man in America. With two pulls of the trigger, the men who destroyed Stone's life and kept him in the shadows were finally silenced. But his freedom comes at a steep price: The assassinations he carried out prompt the highest levels of the U.S. government to unleash a massive manhunt. Behind the scenes, master spy Macklin Hayes is playing a very personal game of cat and mouse. He, more than anyone, wants Stone dead. With their friend and unofficial leader in hiding, the members of the Camel Club risk everything to save him. Now, as the hunters close in, Stone's flight from the demons of his past will take him from the power corridors of Washington, D.C., to the small, isolated coal-mining town of Divine, Virginia-and into a world every bit as lethal as the one he left behind.
  Hans.Michel | Sep 13, 2013 |
Good book, but not my favorite of the Camel Club series. ( )
  blush48 | Jul 24, 2013 |
Known by his alais, "Oliver Stone," John Carr is the most wanted man in America. With two pulls of the trigger, the men who destroyed Stone's life and kept him in the shadows were finally silenced. But his freedom comes at a steep price; the assassination he carried out prompt the highest levels of the U.S.government to unleash a massive manhunt. Yet behind the scenes, master spy Macklin Hayes is playing a very personal game of cat and mouse. He, more than anyone else wants Stone dead. With their friends and unofficial leader in hiding, the members of the Camel Club risk everything to save him. Now, as the hunters close in, Stone's fight from the deamons of his past will take him from the power corridors of Washington D.C., to the small, isolated coal-mining town of Devine, Virginia-and into the world every bit as bloody and lethal as the one he left behind. ( )
  Gatorhater | Jun 26, 2013 |
Free from Audible when I downloaded the client for my blackberry

What I Loved: The 2 simultaneous stories worked well in parallel. When they finally came together it was a very good ending to the story. Stone and Knox were great anti-heroes, they both were trying to do what they had to knowing that they were caught between a rock and a hard place. Annabelle was a fantastic character also as a 3rd player in this thriller.

What I Liked: The pacing of this book was pretty good. It did lag a bit at times but picked up pretty quickly. You don't have to read these books in order. This is the first one I have read and never once felt lost.

Complaints: None

Audio Review: I loved the narrator Ron McLarty, he was perfect for this book. The music chapter changes though I am not a huge fan of and they were a bit distracting.

Why I gave this a 4: It was a good story from beginning to end. The plot was solid and the characters believable.

Who I would recommend this too: People who enjoy political thrillers and enjoy intrigue.

Author Website:

Stone Cold
Divine Justice
Hell’s Corner
  thehistorychic | Apr 3, 2013 |
My library is having a Baldacci promotion so we were given this as a 2nd reading group book.
My mother loves Mr Baldacci but I am not a big fan of this sort of book and my mother says she was not very enamoured of the Camel Club books either.
So it was just OK. A typical thriller - a lot of very unlikely things happen to basic characters. And is every miner in the USA really high as a kite?
The reading group were not that impressed either. I now have another [The Innocent] so Mr B gets a second try. ( )
  infjsarah | Jan 20, 2013 |

David Baldacciprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kuipers, HugoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To the memory of my father
The Chesapeake Bay is America's largest estuary.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446195502, Hardcover)

Following the instant # 1 New York Times bestseller Stone Cold, Oliver Stone and the Camel Club return in David Baldacci's most surprising thriller yet . . . Known by his alias, "Oliver Stone," John Carr is the most wanted man in America. With two pulls of the trigger, the men who destroyed Stone's life and kept him in the shadows were finally silenced.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:05:54 -0400)

Oliver Stone and the Camel Club return in Baldacci's most astonishing thriller yet when the assassinations Stone carries out prompt the highest levels of the government to unleash a massive manhunt.

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,502,596 books! | Top bar: Always visible