Divine Justice (Camel Club) by David…

Divine Justice (Camel Club) (edition 2011)

by David Baldacci

Title:Divine Justice (Camel Club)
Authors:David Baldacci
Info:Pan (2011), Paperback, 400 pages
Tags:borrowed, reading group, thriller, USA, mining, drugs, murder

Divine Justice by David Baldacci

English (59)  Spanish (1)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All languages (62)
I think I would have got more out of this book had I read others in the Camel Club series. Very plot-driven where I prefer more character-driven stories. That said, it was a highly entertaining read, ( )
  LynnB | Aug 23, 2016 |
Great pace in the story... As gripping as the earlier Camel Club books ( )
  _RSK | Jan 26, 2016 |
About usual for a David Baldacci book. The Camel Club is not my favorite of the series that he writes. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jan 17, 2016 |
The fourth novel in the Camel Club series keeps up the fast paced story telling, however I found the plot a bit too unbelievable in this one. ( )
  BookWormM | Jan 15, 2016 |
Of all the "adventure" fiction I read, this series by David Baldacci is my favorite. I really like the characters he develops, there's plenty of action, plenty of character development, even a little introspection thrown in now and again.

In this one, it seemed early on as though Stone/Carr was moving on and some new characters would get developed. I kind of liked that idea, though that's not what happened. His old friends came back, and he connected with them again. Though there is the potential for a lingering love interest, which leaves the reader hanging.

Again, these are really good adventure fiction books. I have to say that a huge appeal to me is that the author's political leanings seem very much in line with mine, so as a reader I'm not constantly frustrated by idiotic politics spewed from characters - the stuff they say and express is common-sense and reasonable.

I'll keep reading these for sure. ( )
  bicyclewriter | Jan 8, 2016 |

David Baldacciprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kuipers, HugoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To the memory of my father
The Chesapeake Bay is America's largest estuary.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446195502, Hardcover)

Following the instant # 1 New York Times bestseller Stone Cold, Oliver Stone and the Camel Club return in David Baldacci's most surprising thriller yet . . .

Known by his alias, "Oliver Stone," John Carr is the most wanted man in America. With two pulls of the trigger, the men who destroyed Stone's life and kept him in the shadows were finally silenced.

But his freedom comes at a steep price: The assassinations he carried out prompt the highest levels of the U.S. government to unleash a massive manhunt. Behind the scenes, master spy Macklin Hayes is playing a very personal game of cat and mouse. He, more than anyone, wants Stone dead.

With their friend and unofficial leader in hiding, the members of the Camel Club risk everything to save him. Now, as the hunters close in, Stone's flight from the demons of his past will take him from the power corridors of Washington, D.C., to the small, isolated coal-mining town of Divine, Virginia-and into a world every bit as lethal as the one he left behind.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:41 -0400)

Oliver Stone and the Camel Club return in Baldacci's most astonishing thriller yet when the assassinations Stone carries out prompt the highest levels of the government to unleash a massive manhunt.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,837,336 books! | Top bar: Always visible