Divine Justice (Camel Club) by David…

Divine Justice (Camel Club) (edition 2011)

by David Baldacci

Member:infjsarah
Title:Divine Justice (Camel Club)
Authors:David Baldacci
Info:Pan (2011), Paperback, 400 pages
Rating:***
Tags:borrowed, reading group, thriller, USA, mining, drugs, murder

Divine Justice by David Baldacci

English (52)  Spanish (1)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All languages (55)
Book 4 of the 'Camel Club series', and a brutal one at that. A fugitive on the run, a manhunt, coverups, corruption, drug running, etc.... and the bodies keep piling up. If this were a comic book, you would cringe with every 'bam!', 'pow!'...'kaboom!' 5 stars! ( )
  MomsterBookworm | Jul 14, 2014 |
A very comfortable read...fast too as it grabbed my interest. You must read the "Camel Club" series in order. If you did not read "Stone Cold" you would not understand much of this book as there are frequent flashbacks and understandings about the major characters that are touched on but glossed over.

I thought I had a bad guy pegged but he turned out to be a good guy in the end...nice twist as I said to myself here we go again...another corrupt lawman.

A fast read (3 days) satisfying...and cleansed the reading palette for other books...like reading Lee Child's books...you cannot read too many in a short time or you will be bored eventually. ( )
  Lynxear | May 7, 2014 |
This series has been nothing short of brilliant till now but I half wish that Divine Justice had been the last. The reason for that is that there is such a happy ending, a perfect way to finish Oliver Stone's story. But I know there's a fifth book. And I do know that Oliver is going to suffer in all manner of imaginative ways. The author is going to make sure that is on the cards. But this book was a roller coaster in terms of storytelling. It was good to see the new members of the Camel Club in action. The pain of young Danny and Debbie and Willie was very real, and I always gasp at the loss of potential and the unlucky hand dealt to these types of characters. It all could have been shown grotesquely or with the wrong touches. But kudos goes to Baldacci for never putting a foot wrong. I'm going to read the fifth book, and then I'm going to proceed and read every single book of his that I have. Is he that good? I'd say hell yeah. ( )
  Jiraiya | Apr 26, 2014 |
SUMMARY: Following the instant # 1 "New York Times" bestseller "Stone Cold, " Oliver Stone and the Camel Club return in David Baldacci's most surprising thriller yet . . . Known by his alias, "Oliver Stone," John Carr is the most wanted man in America. With two pulls of the trigger, the men who destroyed Stone's life and kept him in the shadows were finally silenced. But his freedom comes at a steep price: The assassinations he carried out prompt the highest levels of the U.S. government to unleash a massive manhunt. Behind the scenes, master spy Macklin Hayes is playing a very personal game of cat and mouse. He, more than anyone, wants Stone dead. With their friend and unofficial leader in hiding, the members of the Camel Club risk everything to save him. Now, as the hunters close in, Stone's flight from the demons of his past will take him from the power corridors of Washington, D.C., to the small, isolated coal-mining town of Divine, Virginia-and into a world every bit as lethal as the one he left behind.
  Hans.Michel | Sep 13, 2013 |
Good book, but not my favorite of the Camel Club series. ( )
  blush48 | Jul 24, 2013 |

David Baldacciprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kuipers, HugoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To the memory of my father
The Chesapeake Bay is America's largest estuary.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446195502, Hardcover)

Following the instant # 1 New York Times bestseller Stone Cold, Oliver Stone and the Camel Club return in David Baldacci's most surprising thriller yet . . . Known by his alias, "Oliver Stone," John Carr is the most wanted man in America. With two pulls of the trigger, the men who destroyed Stone's life and kept him in the shadows were finally silenced.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:05:54 -0400)

Oliver Stone and the Camel Club return in Baldacci's most astonishing thriller yet when the assassinations Stone carries out prompt the highest levels of the government to unleash a massive manhunt.

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,651,045 books! | Top bar: Always visible