Preacher Vol. 9: Alamo by Garth Ennis

Preacher Vol. 9: Alamo (edition 2001)

by Garth Ennis

829None11,036 (4.22)2
Member:naylands
Title:Preacher Vol. 9: Alamo
Authors:Garth Ennis
Info:Vertigo (2001), Paperback, 224 pages
Collections:Your library, Favorites

Preacher Vol. 9: Alamo by Garth Ennis

Recently added byGeo_Dude, Voss, private library, 20659, scrivenny, tarheel, ErosionYeah, ancameme, phelixbot, leekelleher
2007 (3) America (4) comic (30) comic book (12) comic books (11) comics (96) DC (9) DC Comics (4) Ennis (6) fantasy (22) fiction (41) Garth Ennis (8) God (6) graphic novel (132) horror (12) humor (10) owned (4) paperback (5) preacher (46) read (26) religion (36) satire (3) series (8) supernatural (8) Texas (7) tpb (6) vampires (20) Vertigo (37) violence (7) western (13)

A great ending to a great series. All of the major characters' stories are resolved in a very satisfactory way, many of the minor characters have resolutions as well, and Glenn Fabry's portrait covers of the main characters are brilliant. This is what everything has been building up to, and Ennis and Dillon do not disappoint. ( )
  lithicbee | Jan 7, 2011 |
Ah, yes, redemption. ( )
  Anagarika-Sean | Sep 25, 2010 |
The finale... ( )
  xavierroy | Jul 31, 2009 |
4 for the series I suppose, but the 3 for this one is more a reflection I think that the series has run out of steam, with a disapointing end. Odd fight with cassidy the vampire, saint of killers gets all the angels! Enjoyed reading them all however. ( )
  pgimmo | Jul 7, 2008 |
i hear they're going to make a movie soon, boy is that going to suck ( )
  stipe168 | Sep 27, 2007 |

Garth Ennisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
dillon, steveIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
It ends here.
We don't gotta just accept the way things are. Just like we don't gotta let ourselves be lessened by death or any other damn thing. Just like we don't need no God to shape the world for us. We can make our lives the way we want them--or we ain't worth nothing. Now take my hand an' I swear I'll love you 'til the goddamn stars go out.

The Reverend Jesse Custer is returning to the Alamo, a place of sacrifice, to end the quest that began in the burning remains of his church all those years ago - a quest to track down God and make Him answer for His actions.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,455,106 books! | Top bar: Always visible