Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Principia Discordia, Or, How I Found Goddess…

Principia Discordia, Or, How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I… (original 1965; edition 1980)

by Malaclypse, Robert Anton Wilson, Kerry W. Thornley, Loompanics Unlimited (Corporate Author)

Member:scfaulkner
Title:Principia Discordia, Or, How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her: The Magnum Opiate of Malaclypse the
Authors:Malaclypse
Other authors:Robert Anton Wilson, Kerry W. Thornley, Loompanics Unlimited (Corporate Author)
Info:Loompanics Unlimited (1980), Edition: 2nd, Paperback, 100 pages

Principia Discordia by Malaclypse The Younger (1965)

English (13)  Dutch (1)  All languages (14)
For younguns, imagine LOLRANDOM Flying Spaghetti Monster, and you're pretty close to this. (Hail Eris!) ( )
  adamwolf | Jan 4, 2017 |
I experienced excursion from Christianity with the help of a professional. His name was John Patrick McCllimans, a/k/a "Hugo the Bear", an "old" snaggle-toothed hippy with a love of life. He was one of the founders of the Church of All Worlds, and head of the Chicago Nest (if you don't understand that, don't worry). Unfortunately, he died very much too early in his life, and I miss him very much.

JP was not only introduced a Neo-Pagan, he was also an anarchist (in the Platonic sense). There was never an organized anything, he thought, that couldn't be made a little better by the liberal application of anarchy. This was not only true of government but also of religion. And here is where the Principia Discordia comes in.

The Principia is probably the best textbook on anarchy every written. It is funny, disrespectful, irreverent, and one of the best ideas that's ever come to fruition. The principle ideas come to us compliments of Robert Anton Wilson's Illluminati trilogy (3 more amazingly anarchic books, and it's high-time I find my copies and reread them). In 1958, Malaclypse, and his friend, Omar Khayyan Ravenhurst, founded Discordianism after reading them. I suspect that there were liberal imbibements involved as well.

The book contains such pieces of wisdom as "The Classification of Saints," of which there are five levels ranging from Saint Second Class to Five Star Saints, although humans can only attain the first level. The other four are "reserved for fictional beings who, not being actual, are more capable of perfection." There are instructions on how to become Pope, an explanation of the Erisian movement (the religion that is the basis for this tome), important quotes, and just plain silliness.

The only thing not included in it is a warning that reading about or discussing either the Illuminati trilogy or the Principia while stoned is not a very good idea. It might lead to either paranoia or a fit of laughing that can make you very sore. ( )
2 vote bfgar | May 15, 2014 |
Warning: Do not read this book unless you're drunk or very open-minded. ( )
1 vote fitakyre | Mar 13, 2014 |
This popped into my life in my early-mid twenties, just about the time when such things tend to appear. Irreverent, perhaps irrelevant in some ways, this was my first real look at religious mockery and the kinds of stuff that went on in the 60s and 70s (when I was much too young to understand). I don't know where my copy has vanished to -- it had the purple cover, although the first edition I saw was a first edition with ratty covers and everything -- and I wish I knew. Probably loaned to some guy I was crushing on and conveniently never returned. It just breathes youth to me. ( )
1 vote Murphy-Jacobs | Mar 30, 2013 |
Fnord.

(There are several editions on the Web. http://www.principiadiscordia.com/ is a good one, striking an excellent balance between readability and authenticity; others stick to actual page scans for the full typewritten effect.) ( )
  SR510 | Jul 23, 2011 |

Malaclypse The Youngerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Wilson, Robert Antonmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Thornley, Kerry W.Introductionsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
GREATER POOP: Are you really serious or what?

Do you remember those intriguing quotes from PRINCIPIA DISCORDIA that headed up some of the chapters in the ILLUMINATUS trilogy? Did you ever wonder if this wonderful little book really exists? Did you ever try to locate a copy? Well, gather around Seekers, because it is with great pride that Loomponics Unlimited announces the publication of a NEW edition of this slam-bang classic of guerrilla ontology. Don't miss this one!!!

Is it a joke disguised as a religion or a religion disguised as a joke? Everybody's talking about Discoridism!
PRINCIPIA DISCORDIA is the official bible of the most relevant religion ever conceived.

A legendary underground classic, out-of-print for years. and impossible to find, this new edition truly contains "Absolutely Everything Worth Knowing About Absolutely Anything."

Herein is a revealed The Law of Fives, The Gospel According To Fred, The Epistle To The Paranoids, The Five Apostles of Eris & Who They Be, The Sacred Chao, The Book of Uterus, and more, more, more ...

All the secret knowledge of Discordianism is revealed at last for your enlightenment, confusion, and entertainment. Godelian, non-Aristotelian, holistic and hilarious. Discordianism is the religion for these screwed-up times. There has never been anything like PRINCIPIA DISCORDIA.

Read it and see!

NEW EDITION! With the following never-before-published material:
1. Introduction by Robert Anton Wilson
2. Afterword by Malaclypse the Younger
3. The never-before-revealed "Fifth Edition"
4. And more PRINCIPIA DISCORDIA is bigger and better than ever!
All this disorder
Came from somewhere. Hail Eris!
Hail Discordia!
(Shmuel510)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,474,570 books! | Top bar: Always visible