Ninth Witness by Bodie Thoene

Ninth Witness (2008)

by Bodie Thoene

Ninth Witness takes us back in time to Yeshua's childhood. The story the Thoenes spin captures your attention, and most of all, your heart. Yeshua meets up with cousin Yochanan and one of His future disciples: their interaction seems completely normal. The story however, is mostly about Jude, orphan from the Galilee. My heart went out to him, and the resolution of his predicament is sure to bring tears to your eyes. I have a minor gripe with the death of one character—suddenly, just like that, he was gone without a very good explanation.
Now for the not-so-positive: the authors devise a creative solution to a question that has plagued Christians over the centuries. This being a work of fiction, they have artistic license to do so. But that doesn't mean we as Christians have a license to get our theology from novels.
Bottom line: for the Thoene fans, worth a read. ( )
  misskate | Feb 8, 2010 |
This story is dedicated to our dear friends, fellow writers and prayer partners of YWAM, especially in Kona and Harpendon! Trusting ever in the promise of Joshua 1:5-9!
Sunset was quickly approaching.

A fictional account of Christ's youth. Riots and revolts spread across Judea. Twelve-year-old Yeshua is in Jerusalem--"about his Father's business" in the Temple--as his panic-stricken parents search for him amidst the chaos.

129 wanted1 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,712,446 books! | Top bar: Always visible