dismiss

The Complete Calvin and Hobbes (2005)

by Bill Watterson

Series: Calvin and Hobbes (Omnibus)

Join Calvin and Hobbes on all their adventures in this four-volume collection of every comic strip from the comic strip's eleven year history (1985 to1996). Calvin and Hobbes is unquestionably one of the most popular comic strips of all time. The imaginative world of a boy and his real-only-to-him tiger was first syndicated in 1985 and appeared in more than 2,400 newspapers when Bill Watterson retired on January 1, 1996. The entire body of Calvin and Hobbes cartoons published in a truly noteworthy tribute to this singular cartoon in The Complete Calvin and Hobbes. Composed of four paperback, four-color volumes in a sturdy slipcase, this New York Times best-selling edition includes all Calvin and Hobbes cartoons that ever appeared in syndication. This is the treasure that all Calvin and Hobbes fans seek.  … (more)

English (47)  Dutch (1)  Finnish (1)  German (1)  All languages (50)
Calvin and Hobbes give me life. I love the comics, all of them. I use them often on my blog, or just in general. I loved them when I was a child, appreciate them a lot more now. I don't own this copy, yet, but have read all comics. One day I'll own this precious box as well. ( )
  prettygoodyear | Jun 29, 2020 |
There is very much a reason that out of all the graphic novels I have read, I have chosen to review only Calvin and Hobbes. The comic itself has the ability to transcend generational barriers, providing the reader with a heartwarming experience no matter the age. The very essence of the comic is based upon the imagination of Calvin, and the unboundedness of the youth mind. His imagination perfectly captures the innocence of youth, and allows the reader to escape into such a world. We can once again experience the adventures we would journey upon as a kid, we can feel the emotion and excitement that was there with unknown.
A factor that adds to the comedy and wit of Calvin is seen in Wattersons perfectly cyncial writing style. He manages to balance the innonence of Calvin with a witiness of a cynical adult. The juxtaposition between these two factors always makes a great bit and never seems to get old.
Calvin and Hobbes perfectly captures that feeling of growing up. In my case, it almost made me feel a little upset that I hadn't capitalized on this time period in my life when I should've. Regardless, the comedy and the style of illustration and writing give such a feeling of excitement and asipiration that it wipes away any melancholy that arises. ( )
  Mross21 | Nov 2, 2019 |
I mean. All the Calvin and Hobbes EVER in hard-bound, full-size spreads on beautiful paper. A bazillion stars. ( )
1 vote deeEhmm | Sep 17, 2019 |
You either know the strip or you don't, and if you don't YOU NEED TO. ( )
  richardderus | Dec 29, 2017 |
Who doesn’t love Calvin & Hobbes?

They are funny, brilliant and witty. The art, the ideas, the humour. Everything about these strips is perfect.

kasyapa | Oct 9, 2017 |
Book one: So long, Pop!
Book two: Call it.
Book three: Hey Mom, can I get some plastic surgery?
His train of thought is still boarding at the station.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,706,886 books! | Top bar: Always visible