The Prodigal God: Recovering the Heart of…

The Prodigal God: Recovering the Heart of the Christian Faith (edition 2008)

by Timothy Keller

Member:laholmes
Title:The Prodigal God: Recovering the Heart of the Christian Faith
Authors:Timothy Keller
Info:Dutton Adult (2008), Hardcover, 160 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Apoogetics

The Prodigal God: Recovering the Heart of the Christian Faith by Timothy Keller

Extremely good explanation of the parable of 'The Lost Brother', giving cultural background and clear illustrations. 'Prodigal' doesn't mean what most people think, this is highlighted at the start. ( )
  GeoffSC | May 31, 2015 |
Recommended ( )
  delenburg | Jan 3, 2015 |
Started this 2 days ago, February 4. A real departure from the historical interpretation of the Prodigal Son. I've always known the older brother had issues, but I didn't realize that it had to do with self-righteousness and a lack of love for his brother and coveting. That's what rang home for me. I was a prodigal son and I repented for that, but in shedding that skin, I became self-righteous, self-centered, holier than though and a know-it-all. The development of love in me was sorely lacking. Pray that will change. ( )
  MissyHiett | Feb 3, 2014 |
A great book with a great message. The sign of the Keller reigns. ( )
  Gregorio_Roth | Oct 7, 2013 |
A soul-searching exposition of the gospel as found in the parable of the two sons. Keller skillfully performs spiritual heart surgery on both the rebellious and the pious, showing both their deep need for a savior like Jesus. I especially enjoyed his description of the gospel picture of the Feast in the last chapter. ( )
  Garrett_Lee | Jun 3, 2013 |
With Gratitude To Edmund P. Clowney and my other mentors
Dieses Buch soll die wesentlichen Inhalte der christlichen Botschaft, des Evangeliums, darlegen.

Newsweek called renowned minister Timothy Keller ?a C. S. Lewis for the twenty-first century? in a feature on his first book, The Reason for God. In that book, he offered a rational explanation of why we should believe in God. Now, in The Prodigal God, he uses one of the best-known Christian parables to reveal an unexpected message of hope and salvation.

Taking his trademark intellectual approach to understanding Christianity, Keller uncovers the essential message of Jesus, locked inside his most familiar parable. Within that parable Jesus reveals God's prodigal grace toward both the irreligious and the moralistic. This book will challenge both the devout and skeptics to see Christianity in a whole new way.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:18 -0400)

Uses the biblical tale of the prodigal son to provide both an introduction to Christianity and a clarifying primer on the nature of the gospel for believers, in a resource that reveals how Jesus's essential message is revealed by the story in ways that can enable greater understandings of the Christian faith.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,081,207 books! | Top bar: Always visible