Snow Dance by Lezlie Evans

Snow Dance (edition 1997)

by Lezlie Evans, Cynthia Jabar (Illustrator)

332None33,165 (3.21)None
Member:edellaporta
Title:Snow Dance
Authors:Lezlie Evans
Other authors:Cynthia Jabar (Illustrator)
Info:Houghton Mifflin Books for Children (1997), Hardcover, 32 pages
Collections:Storytime, Picture Books
Rating:***
Tags:3-5 years, seasons, seasons: winter, weather: snow, DL

Snow Dance by Lezlie Evans

Summary:
This book is good for children it is very cute and fun. It is about two girls playing in the snow and how much fun they have in the snow. They make a wish and ask for snow the wish comes true and they play and dance in the snow all day long until the sun starts to fade. It is a very good book, illustrations are colorful.
Personal Reaction:
This book I’d say is from grades K-2nd grade. I loved the book it explains snow exactly how it is fluffy white and so very fun to play in. I believe it will grab the audience of children you choose to read it to.
Classroom Extension Ideas:
Create art with a winter theme, have children in the class take turns telling about their own snow day experiences. ( )
  KaseyPlumbtree | Mar 13, 2012 |
Summary:
This book is about children who really want it to snow. They even do a snow dance hoping for the snow to come. Finally, they feel a snowflake and the snowstorm starts! School gets canceled and they spend their whole day making snow angels and snowmen. They end their day with a warm fire and hot cocoa. They finish with their snow dance.

Personal Reaction:
This book reminded me of this year because I really wanted it to snow! Maybe I should have tried doing a snow dance! I was very excited when it finally snowed but sad that we still had class!

Classroom Extensions:
1. I would have my class draw a snow picture.
2. I would have my class make up a snow dance. ( )
  KaydeeParrish | Mar 4, 2012 |
Summary: this is a cute book that rhymes, it is about two little girls who wish for it to snow the wait for the snow to fall and fineally it does the play for a little until it's time foor bed and then while they sleep the snow continues to fall and when they wake up the see the earth fulll of big snow the play and play all day because school was canceled the play until they are almost frozen, and when it is time to come in side they do a snow dance.

Personal Reaction: I like this book it was not interesting to me. because I personally don't like now.

Classroom extension:
1. when teaching the students about weather this can be a good book to focus on snow and cold weather, I can teach the children threw this book that some times weather permits us from doing things we like to do.

Classroom extension :
2. Teacher can talk to the children about snow, asking them what they think snow is, and how is it made. then teacher can teach the children about ware snow comes from. ( )
  TirzahB | Feb 27, 2012 |
Snow Dance is a children's book about children hearing a forcast for a chance of snow. They get dressed in their snow clothes and go outside to do a snow dance. The snow dance works and it snows.

I really liked this book. It's a cute book with rhymes and colorful pictures that children would enjoy.

This book would be a great fall/winter book. When there is a chance of snow, you could read this book and then take your students outside and come up with a snow dance. It would get the kids out of the classroom for a little bit, which I think they need every once in awhile. You could also talk about snow and how it's made.
  KeriMullins | Oct 21, 2009 |
Snow Dance is a really cute book to read during winter. The book is about little kids who really want it to snow. They go outside and do the snow dance and hope it snows. It enentually does, and they go sledding, make a snowman, and play in the snow. After a long day in the snow, they dance inside. This book is a great book for 2nd or 3rd grade. There are alot of rhyming words in this book too. I enjoyed reading it and thought the pictures were really cute too!!
  Aecape | Oct 19, 2009 |

2000 - Scholastic Inc - Paperback - Full Color Illustrations - Snow Dance - By Lezlie Evans / Illustrated by Cynthia Jabar - School Library Book - Cover has some wear - Inside is bright, light, no tears, no creases, no writing except for library stamps & marks - Collectible

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:48:53 -0400)

Children eagerly wait for the snow to begin to fall, and when it does, they spend a day of fun playing in it.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,415,027 books! | Top bar: Always visible