The Seminar of Jacques Lacan: On Feminine…

The Seminar of Jacques Lacan: On Feminine Sexuality, the Limits of Love… (edition 1999)

by Jacques Lacan (Author)

Series: The Seminar of Jacques Lacan (Encore: On Feminine Sexuality: The Limits Of Love And Knowledge 1972-1973)

1953100,651 (3.54)None
Jacques Lacan begins the 20th year of his seminar by weighing up theories of the relationship between the desire for love and the attainment of knowledge from such diverse and influencial thinkers as Aristotle, Marx and Freud. He leads readers through mathematics, philosophy, religion and psychoanalysis, into an unexpected way of interpreting the two most fundamental human drives.… (more)
Member:Ficlaire
Title:The Seminar of Jacques Lacan: On Feminine Sexuality, the Limits of Love and Knowledge (Encore Edition) (Vol. Book XX) (Bk. 20)
Authors:Jacques Lacan (Author)
Info:W. W. Norton & Company (1999), Edition: 1st, 160 pages

The Seminar of Jacques Lacan, Book XX, Encore: On Feminine Sexuality, the Limits of Love and Knowledge, 1972-73 by Jacques Lacan

I'm glad I read through Reading Seminars I and II before delving into Lacan's first seminar. Mostly, it was a helpful grounding in his understanding of Freud's work with some lively discussion included. As with all primary source Lacan, it feels foolhardy to offer much of a review as it would imply a level of understanding that would be misleading. However, I will say the discussion on Augustine and language was a delightful surprise.
  b.masonjudy | Apr 3, 2020 |
Lacan's seminar on psychosis is a helpful introductory primary text (I received this advice from Bruce Fink in the back of a Clinical Introduction to Lacan). Nevertheless I did take my time with it as there is a predictable density to some of the sections. I found extremely helpful explications of metaphor and metonomy as well.
1 vote b.masonjudy | Apr 3, 2020 |
If you like Lacan.....well, there you go....

I do feel the need to write this addendum (around half a year after adding this review), whereas I must say that if you can understand what goes on inside his head, it does provide an interesting discourse in respect to philosophers such as Freud, Hegel, Žižek, and others. ( )
1 vote MarchingBandMan | Apr 4, 2017 |

Belongs to Series

This is the 20th volume in the series of Jacques Lacan's Seminars, titled "On Feminine Sexuality: The Limits of Love and Knowledge." Please do not combine with "Feminine sexuality : Jacques Lacan and the École Freudienne", a collection of essays by Jacques Lacan and others of the Freudian school, on the subject of feminine sexuality.

W.W. Norton

An edition of this book was published by W.W. Norton.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,500,601 books! | Top bar: Always visible