Fate by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Recently added byChickensAreBrave, private library, Sasscat, ChrisGardenier, memo_the_mad_moggy, ArgoLib

I recommend for anyone who wishes to read this to read the first book, Tattoo by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. This book was fairly good. Their was only one real fault to it in my opinion. But I'll talk about that later. First I would like to say that Jennifer did an amazing job in this sequel it just as good as Tattoo in the fact that the characters are well described and the dialog is well written. Tattoo was a interesting book that was a real page turner and I was happy to read a sequel and have the four best friends continue their journey of otherwordly events. Even though they've grown up I can still picture them as I did two years ago when I read Tattoo. Even though it's been Tattoo I still have their first book adventure in my mind (this shows you how one book can really stick with you if it's well described or well written). Now the fault with this book is that I found the love realtionship between Bailey and Alec not really developed good enough. It wasn't that it was two rushed it was more like it didn't have enough time to develop. So by the end of the book it not developed enough *in my opinion* which left a really not-so-great-ending. I found reading this book was very hard to read at times and I couldn't finish it in one sitting. It took me a week to read this book. I found I read a bit slower so I could understand what was going on. Why I recommend for people to read the first book first is because even though I read the original I still have forgotten things which are mention in here and aren't completely explain and can seem confusing. They were to me. Anyways on my scale this book deserves a 3 star rating. Don't get me wrong this was a absolutely good sequel for such a well done book like Tattoo. ( )
  monsterofbooks | Dec 20, 2009 |
Reviewed by Jennifer Rummel for TeensReadToo.com

Senior year of high school is supposed to be about making memories with your friends and having the time of your life. So why does Bailey feel that her world is about to come crashing down?

Her three best friends are excited about life after high school, while every time she thinks about the future, her stomach becomes tied with knots.

Could it be that Bailey doesn't really have a choice when it comes to her future? While she lives the life of the average high school girl, her life is far from normal. She's part of the three fates that weave and control the destiny of the world. The Sidhe world has rules that Bailey doesn't understand. She suspects something's about to happen when she's brought into the Sidhe world for the first time.

When the truth comes out, will it forever change Bailey's view of the world?

Jennifer Lynn Barnes starts this sequel of TATTOO two years later. She perfectly blends normal everyday life in high school with a supernatural world. Plus, the powers of friendship shine through in this novel and will resonate with readers - particularly those ending their own high school careers. ( )
  GeniusJen | Oct 10, 2009 |
Jennifer Lynn Barnes continues Bailey Morgan, Sidhe and one of the three fates, story with a bang in Fate.

Bailey has grown accustomed to her new life as the one of the three fates. Bailey Morgan by day and weaver by night she has learned to accept her responsibilities, and understands her role in the the grand design. With Bailey and her three friends in their senior year, she is finding herself struggling with the changes that lie in her future. Unknown to her, things are about to get a lot more complicated when the fates introduce her to the otherworld, and with it is coming a decision that is not only life changing but could take her away from the mortal world completely. Will Bailey, Zo, Annabelle, and Delia find an answer that will allow her to continue living life as she knows it, and will Bailey be able to find a place in her future for her friends.

Jennifer is young and talented. I expect a lot in the future of this author. I look forward to seeing if this series continues and what becomes of the enthralling characters. Barnes writes captivating story, that carry the reader effortlessly through the last page. ( )
  BookWhisperer | Mar 24, 2009 |

For the past two years, Bailey Morgan has lived a double life: high school student by day, ancient mystical being by night. As the third Fate, Bailey literally controls the fate of the world, but as Plain Old Bailey, her life is falling apart. She’s got a tattoo that was supposed to be temporary (but isn’t), friendships that were supposed to last forever (but might not), and no idea what her future holds after high school graduation.

Then Bailey meets the rest of the Sidhe, an ancient race defined by their power, beauty, and a sinister habit of getting what they want at any cost. Before Bailey knows it, she’s being drawn into an otherworldly web more complicated than anything she weaves as a mortal Fate.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:35:25 -0400)

High school senior Bailey Morgan must chose between the mortal world and the otherworldly Nexus, where each night, as the third Fate, she weaves the web of life.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,651,009 books! | Top bar: Always visible