Shadows on the Sun (Star Trek) by Michael…

Shadows on the Sun (Star Trek) (original 1993; edition 1994)

by Michael Jan Friedman

Member:storytime930
Title:Shadows on the Sun (Star Trek)
Authors:Michael Jan Friedman
Info:Pocket Books/Star Trek (1994), Mass Market Paperback, 340 pages
Collections:His library

Shadows on the Sun by Michael Jan Friedman (1993)

I read it 2 or 3 times before it disappeared from my bookshelf. Bones was always one of my favorite characters, and this story really stuck with me. ( )
  CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |
  CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |
A Great read till the very end. I couldn't put it down. ( )
  BrandenSiegle | Mar 2, 2008 |
McCoy is an often-overlooked member of the Star Trek triumvirate, and this book richly remedies that with a plot dealing with the Enterprise's mission to mediate a peace on a planet where assassination is a time-honored and highly-skilled tradition. McCoy is disconcerted to find that his ex-wife, whom he still loves and is whom he fled to Star Fleet to forget, is a member of the mediation team with her husband. What follows does much to expand on McCoy's character, past and motivations. It's also quite a good story. ( )
1 vote burnit99 | Jan 19, 2007 |
For my father-in-law, Marvin Laxer, who never took no for an answer.
On the Federation member-planet Ssan, there is a drop of blood.

"THE KLINGONS" INSISTED DR MCCOY, "ARE CHILDREN COMPARED TO THESE ASSASSINS ... "

"The Ssani won't negotiate. Not with the government, not with us, not with anybody."

Commodore Montoya leaned back in her chair, mistake to underestimate the difficulty of what the Federation asking of you."

"However?" suggested Kirk.
"However," said Montoya, "we are still asking."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0671869108, Mass Market Paperback)

As a young doctor with a beautiful family and a promising medical career, Dr. Leonard McCoy thought he had it all. But when the woman he loved betrayed him, McCoy fled to Starfleet, hoping to lose his pain in the depths of space. Now, more than forty years later, the Enterprise and her crew are ordered to transport a group of mediators to the planet Ssan, a world where assassination is a time-honored tradition, and McCoy is surprised to learn that his ex-wife, now remarried, is one of the mediators. And before he can come to terms with his conflicted feelings for his former love, she and Captain Kirk are trapped on Susan, and McCoy is caught in an explosive civil war, the only one with the power to save the woman who once nearly destroyed him.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:39:02 -0400)

Dr. Leonard McCoy confronts his past and the wife he left behind.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,620,560 books! | Top bar: Always visible