Arrr! (Celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day)

Bringing Up Boys: Practical Advice and…

Bringing Up Boys: Practical Advice and Encouragement for Those Shaping the… (2001)

by James C. Dobson

Some good points, but I just never felt compelled to use it as a continuing reference. ( )
  wareagle78 | Jan 25, 2014 |
Too little biblical authority; way too much reliance on statistical data and personal anecdote. Read "Raising a Modern Day Knight" by Robert Lewis instead. ( )
  journeyguy | Apr 2, 2013 |
Amazing. I love this book.
A must read for anyone with sons. ( )
  Gracie123 | Oct 14, 2010 |
James Dobson’s noted book, Bringing Up Boys, is now in our library. It offers encouragement and advice for raising boys in our culture. This book can be found on our library shelves under 170.44/Dob.
  salem.colorado | May 15, 2010 |
I have not yet read this book--it is on my to-do list
  Sabrina_Davidson | Apr 1, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 084235266X, Hardcover)

Dobson offers advice and encouragement based on Biblical principles for parents, teachers, social workers, youth leaders and counselors involved in raising and educating boys.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:24:29 -0400)

One of the country's most respected parenting experts & bestselling author of Dare to Discipline, offers advice & encouragement on shaping the character of boys. Publisher Provided Annotation. With so much confusion about the role of men in our society, it's no wonder so many parents and teachers are at a loss about how to bring up boys. Our culture has vilified masculinity and, as a result, boys are suffering. Parents, teachers, and other involved in shaping the character of boys have many questions. in Bringing Up Boys, Dr. James Dobson, America's most trusted authority on family issues, tackles these questions and offers advice and encouragement based on a firm foundation of biblical principles. Bringing Up Boys--a must-read for parents, teachers, social workers, youth leader counselors--anyone involved in the challenge of turning boys into good men. The audio book is read by Wayne Shepard and punctuated by original music.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,706,446 books! | Top bar: Always visible