The Anarchist Cookbook by William Powell

The Anarchist Cookbook (edition 2003)

by William Powell

Member:DevonShea5
Title:The Anarchist Cookbook
Authors:William Powell
Info:Ozark Press, LLC (2003), Paperback, 160 pages

The Anarchist Cookbook by William Powell

Interesting book. I gave it 3 stars because I don't know how accurate it is. Explosives and booby traps are not my forte. I actually bought it at our local bookstore just to keep it out of the hands of some of the wackos that live here. 8| ( )
  sgwinn82 | Jun 22, 2017 |
I added this book to my shelf because it pretty much compliments the slew of books I added. Seriously I wouldn't want this book in my house. ( )
  EzyReader | Mar 3, 2016 |
Pretty weak stuff. When I joined the military, Army Field Manuals were more interesting. ( )
  pking36330 | Feb 6, 2014 |
because the world will never run out of 17 year olds wanting to do drugs and blow shit up. my favorite was always the fountain-pen bomb. ( )
1 vote Brian138 | Oct 7, 2011 |
Wow, this one takes me back! This book shows here with a 2002 publish date but my copy is much, much older. (Have to dig it out and check the date on it). I have to laugh whenever I read reviews or comments about The Anarchist Cookbook; words like dangerous, scary, and the like. The book is almost comical and as far as "dangerous", well, there are many books available today that make this book seem like a harmless comic book. Heck, military training manuals are publicly available that have much more dangerous information! For me this book brings back memories, both good and bad, of the 1960's and all the radical groups, most of whom were mostly hot air and loving to hear themselves rant. ( )
1 vote J-Mac | Jul 20, 2010 |

William Powellprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bergman, Peter M.Forewordsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stuart, Lylesecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

The Anarchist Cookbook will shock, it will disturb, it will provoke. It places in historical perspective an era when "Turn on, Burn down, Blow up" are revolutionary slogans of the day. Says the author" "This book... is not written for the members of fringe political groups, such as the Weatherman, or The Minutemen. Those radical groups don't need this book. They already know everything that's in here. If the real people of America, the silent majority, are going to survive, they must educate themselves. That is the purpose of this book." In what the author considers a survival guide, there is explicit information on the uses and effects of drugs, ranging from pot to heroin to peanuts. There i detailed advice concerning electronics, sabotage, and surveillance, with data on everything from bugs to scramblers. There is a comprehensive chapter on natural, non-lethal, and lethal weapons, running the gamut from cattle prods to sub-machine guns to bows and arrows. The section on explosives and booby traps ranges from TNT to whistle traps. One hundred and eleven drawings supplement the recipes. "This book is for anarchists," says William Powell, "Those who feel able to discipline themselves on all the subjects from drugs, to weapons, to explosives) that are currently illegal in this country." Techniques, disciplines, precautions, and warnings pervade what may be the most disquieting "how-to" book of contemporary times.

The cult classic of 1960s radicalism offers instructions on various methods of resistance to government authority, including the making of explosives.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,348,283 books! | Top bar: Always visible