More Please by Barry Humphries

More Please (1992)

by Barry Humphries

Found this very easy to read. The man behind the face is nothing like his many larger than life characters. You could almost say that he's bigger and better than all of them. ( )
  Fliss88 | Jul 4, 2010 |
Dedicated with much love
to my sister, Barbara,
and my brothers, Christopher and Michael
who would probably tell you
a very different story
I always wanted more.

Because Barry Humphries has deliberately furnished would-be biographers with whimsical fictions and blatant mystifications, the true details of his life are among the best-kept secrets of our time. More Please, prophetically his first utterance, reveals the man behind the actor. This book moves from suburban Australia of the 1930s, 40s and 50s to Humphries' international stardom, and his revelations and confessions will astonish his vast audience, being so wildly at odds with all that has gone before.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,436,868 books! | Top bar: Always visible