Reasonable Faith: Christian Truth and…

Reasonable Faith: Christian Truth and Apologetics

by William Lane Craig

A very fine book, but very detailed. He tirelessly goes through arguments against Christianity and proves that they don’t stand up. He uses physics and logic and mathematics and physiology and many other areas to prove the reality of Christianity. Very detailed and at times, especially when sub points to arguments, I was somewhat lost. He points out how absolutely absurd it would be to have the world created out of nothing, and for somehow life to come out of nothing. And he lays out the arguments claims against Jesus including his resurrection and shows that the resurrection is the only options that stands up. Craig has another book, On Guard, that I thing is a little less detailed and I may look at it. In the end, the best apologetic for the reality of Jesus and God is the life of a Christian. ( )
  Luke_Brown | Sep 10, 2016 |
And study guide
  T.E.I. | Nov 18, 2015 |
Very good book on Apologetics. You get both sides of the issue since it is laid out in a debate format. Although it wasn't a light read I never felt it was over my head. Some great basic concepts on the existence of God. ( )
  elizabeth.b.bevins | Nov 4, 2014 |
  ElizabethBevins | May 6, 2014 |
  Elizabeth-Bevins | Jun 6, 2013 |

"Evangelicals have been living on the periphery of responsible intellectual existence. The average Christian does not realize that there is an intellectual war going on in the universities and in the professional journals and scholarly societies. Christianity is being attacked from all sides as irrational or outmoded, and millions of students, our future generation of leaders have absorbed this viewpoint. This is a war which we cannot afford to lose....

"In addition to serving, like the rest of theology in general, as an expression of our loving God with all our minds, apologetics specifically serves to show to unbelievers the truth of the Christian faith, to confirm that faith to believers, and to reveal and explore the connections between Christian doctrine and other truths.... Apologetics... is a theoretical discipline that tries to answer the question, What rational defense can be given for the Christian faith?"

This book by respected philosopher and theologian William Lane Craig has been thoroughly revised and updated to equip believers in the successful proclamation of biblical truth claims. The author gives careful attention to crucial questions and concerns, including: How Do I Know Christianity Is True?, The Absurdity of Life Without God, The Existence of God, The Problem of Miracles, and The Resurrection of Jesus.

An invaluable scholarly resource for all committed defenders of the Christian faith.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:39 -0400)

Craig's approach of positive apologetics gives careful attention to crucial questions and concerns, including: the relationship of faith and reason, the existence of God, the problems of historical knowledge and miracles, the personal claims of Christ, and the historicity of the resurrection of Jesus. He shows that there is good reason to think Christianity is true. --from publisher description… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,667,793 books! | Top bar: Always visible