Turn Coat by Jim Butcher

Turn Coat

by Jim Butcher

Series: The Dresden Files (11)

2,910None1,976 (4.32)104
2009 (39) audiobook (18) Chicago (67) detective (41) Dresden (54) Dresden Files (189) ebook (39) faerie (15) fantasy (353) fiction (184) hardcover (25) Harry Dresden (57) horror (15) Jim Butcher (18) Kindle (21) magic (109) mystery (111) novel (17) own (15) paranormal (36) read (31) science fiction (25) series (53) sff (25) supernatural (37) to-read (35) urban fantasy (259) vampires (74) werewolves (32) wizards (148)

English (94)  German (1)  All languages (95)
3.5 stars
Turn Coat wasn??t quite as good as the couple of books that came before or the ones that come after (Iƒ??ve read through Cold Days). The plot wasnƒ??t as interesting and Morgan, an unlikeable fellow, is one of the key characters here. Also, I was disappointed that I actually guessed who the bad guy was early on (because Dresden gave me a clue by dealing with that character differently). But, I still enjoyed Turn Coat ƒ?? just not as much as the others. ( )
  Kat_Hooper | Apr 6, 2014 |
Δολοπλοκίες, κατασκοπία, παγίδες, ο Ντρέσντεν τον ​τρώει από πενήντα μεριές κτλ.​

Antonis.Papadakis | Jan 30, 2014 |
Harry Dresden is still going strong. In fact, I think it's getting even better - or maybe it's just my addiction to this series. ( )
  everfresh1 | Jan 29, 2014 |
The first book in the series to get 3 stars from me. Good book, don't get me wrong. But it didn't really pick up and get good until halfway through. I really hope this trend doesn't continue. ( )
  broccolima | Jan 26, 2014 |
I think this is just one of my favorite series of any genre. At book 11 many series, even the strong ones, start to fade but this keeps getting better. Other reviewers are more articulate than I and have outlined the strengths of this series. James Marsters' narration is excellent again and I believe when I catch up on new releases, I'm going to turn right around and listen from the beginning. ( )
  CCleveland | Nov 27, 2013 |

Jim Butcherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Bob. Sleep well.
The summer sun was busy broiling the asphalt from Chicago's streets, the agony in my head had kept me horizontal for half a day, and some idiot was pounding on my apartment door.

Wizard Harry Dresden's life finally seems to be calming down. The White Council's war with the vampiric Red Court is easing up, no one's tried to kill him lately, and his eager apprentice is starting to learn real magic. For once, the future looks fairly bright.

But the past casts one hell of a long shadow.

Mab, monarch of the Winter Court of the Sidhe, calls in an old favor from Harry. just one small favor he can't refuse - one that will trap Harry Dresden between a nightmarish foe and an equally deadly ally and strain his skills and loyalties to their very limits.

And everything was going so well for once ...
-------------------------------
When it comes to the wizard's White Council, Harry Dresden is thought of as either a black sheep or a sacrificial lamb. And no one holds him in more disdain than Morgan, a veteran Warden with a grudge against anyone who bends the rules. But now Morgan is in trouble. He's been accused of cold-blooded murder - a crime with only one final punishment.

He's on the run, wanting his name cleared, and he needs someone with knack for backing the underdog. So it's up to Harry to uncover a traitor within the Council, keep Morgan under wraps, and avoid coming under scrutiny himself. And a single mistake may cost someone his head.
------------------------------
In the Dresden Files, New York Times bestselling author Jim Butcher has built a world hailed as "dynamic and complex, and utterly fascinating."* Now Chicago's only professional wizard, Harry Dresden, is about to find that the one thing more dangerous than his mortal enemies may be his closest allies...

When it comes to the magical ruling body known as the White Council, Harry keeps his nose clean and his head down. For years, the Council has held a death mark over Harry's head. He's still thought of as a black sheep by some - and as a sacrificial lamb by others. But none regard him with more suspicion and disdain than Morgan, a veteran Warden with a grudge against anyone who bends the rules.

Like Harry.

So when Morgan turns up asking for help, Harry isn't exactly eager to leap into action. Morgan has been accused of treason against the White Council - and there's only one final punishment for that crime. He's on the run, he wants his name cleared, and he needs someone with a knack for backing the underdog.

Like Harry.

Now Harry must uncover a traitor within the Council, keep less than agreeable Morgan under wraps, and avoid coming under scrutiny himself. And a single mistake may cost someone his head.

Like Harry...

*Huntress Book Reviews
Will Warden Dresden
really defy the Council
just to save Morgan?
(swensonj)

Harry must uncover a traitor within the Wizards of the White Council, keep a less-than-agreeable warden under wraps, and avoid coming under scrutiny himself. And a single mistake may cost someone his head--someone like Harry.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,495,652 books! | Top bar: Always visible