Turn Coat by Jim Butcher

Turn Coat

by Jim Butcher

Series: The Dresden Files (11)

Recently added byAndreaGS, private library, nielsnej, ruthkneale, Kaczencja, Alice_Wonder, akfair, wolface1

English (103)  German (1)  All languages (104)
Every one of these Dresden books is the same. They all blur together. I have no way to tell them apart. I've read about 6 of these books, and they really are pretty good. But, they are all in the average category. None of them stand out as really that awesome.

After reading this particular book, I was like, that was okay, I guess. I mean, it wasn't that good. But, it wasn't really that bad either. Was it? Okay, maybe it was. ( )
  gecizzle | Mar 5, 2015 |
This is one of my favorites so far. A friend called it a game changer. She was right. It had more depth than some of the other books in the series. Harry is getting pretty battered at this point.I wonder how much more he can take. And Yes I know there are 4 more books waiting. ( )
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |
Each entry in the Dresden Files is now an intense, page-turning experience. The thing that amazes me is how elements of the overall saga keep fitting into each individual novel, and in a way that carries the plot of each story. I think Butcher has done a masterful job with this series, and this story definitely keeps up. The comic moments and witty banter are still there, but they don't take away or diminish from the tension building, or somehow make the characters less interesting or even believable. Bring on the next one..... ( )
  utbw42 | Dec 10, 2014 |
A wounded Warden Morgan shows up at Dresden's apartment, asking for protection since he's been framed for a murder and it's up to Dresden and his friends to figure out who tells the truth. Another great installment in the series with lots of great action scenes and a proper mystery to solve. And it features the most powerful and scary skinwalker I've ever encountered in fiction - and we'll probably see more of it since it gets away. Mouse is, as always, a great character, and Molly Carpenter gets to be properly useful in her own right, which is excellent - the grasshopper is catching up! James Marsters is a great reader for this series and the audiobooks are, thus, highly recommended. ( )
  -Eva- | Oct 10, 2014 |

Jim Butcherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Simmons, JoieCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Bob. Sleep well.
The summer sun was busy broiling the asphalt from Chicago's streets, the agony in my head had kept me horizontal for half a day, and some idiot was pounding on my apartment door.

Wizard Harry Dresden's life finally seems to be calming down. The White Council's war with the vampiric Red Court is easing up, no one's tried to kill him lately, and his eager apprentice is starting to learn real magic. For once, the future looks fairly bright.

But the past casts one hell of a long shadow.

Mab, monarch of the Winter Court of the Sidhe, calls in an old favor from Harry. just one small favor he can't refuse - one that will trap Harry Dresden between a nightmarish foe and an equally deadly ally and strain his skills and loyalties to their very limits.

And everything was going so well for once ...
-------------------------------
When it comes to the wizard's White Council, Harry Dresden is thought of as either a black sheep or a sacrificial lamb. And no one holds him in more disdain than Morgan, a veteran Warden with a grudge against anyone who bends the rules. But now Morgan is in trouble. He's been accused of cold-blooded murder - a crime with only one final punishment.

He's on the run, wanting his name cleared, and he needs someone with knack for backing the underdog. So it's up to Harry to uncover a traitor within the Council, keep Morgan under wraps, and avoid coming under scrutiny himself. And a single mistake may cost someone his head.
------------------------------
In the Dresden Files, New York Times bestselling author Jim Butcher has built a world hailed as "dynamic and complex, and utterly fascinating."* Now Chicago's only professional wizard, Harry Dresden, is about to find that the one thing more dangerous than his mortal enemies may be his closest allies...

When it comes to the magical ruling body known as the White Council, Harry keeps his nose clean and his head down. For years, the Council has held a death mark over Harry's head. He's still thought of as a black sheep by some - and as a sacrificial lamb by others. But none regard him with more suspicion and disdain than Morgan, a veteran Warden with a grudge against anyone who bends the rules.

Like Harry.

So when Morgan turns up asking for help, Harry isn't exactly eager to leap into action. Morgan has been accused of treason against the White Council - and there's only one final punishment for that crime. He's on the run, he wants his name cleared, and he needs someone with a knack for backing the underdog.

Like Harry.

Now Harry must uncover a traitor within the Council, keep less than agreeable Morgan under wraps, and avoid coming under scrutiny himself. And a single mistake may cost someone his head.

Like Harry...

*Huntress Book Reviews
Will Warden Dresden
really defy the Council
just to save Morgan?
(swensonj)

Harry must uncover a traitor within the Wizards of the White Council, keep a less-than-agreeable warden under wraps, and avoid coming under scrutiny himself. And a single mistake may cost someone his head--someone like Harry.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,265,519 books! | Top bar: Always visible