Myst: The Book of Atrus by Rand Miller

Myst: The Book of Atrus (1995)

by Rand Miller, Rand Miller, Robyn Miller (Author), David Wingrove (Author)

Other authors: William Cone (Illustrator)

Series: Myst (1)

1,061None7,939 (3.78)6
1 (5) adult (3) adventure (15) books (4) computer game (3) computer games (3) D'ni (7) fantasy (222) fiction (137) first edition (4) game (13) games (11) hardcover (3) literature (4) myst (74) mystery (7) novel (12) own (12) paperback (11) read (18) science fiction (42) series (13) sf (4) sff (19) speculative fiction (3) steampunk (6) to-read (4) unread (15) video game (4) video games (6)

English (18)  French (1)  All languages (19)
It's been a long time since I read this series, but I liked it because my brother and I used to play Myst together all the time. I was emotionally connected before opening the cover. ( )
  CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |
  CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |
Very well written. The quality of the story explains why the games were such a success. Like Tolkien, every single background detail has been pre-figured. Loved all three. ( )
  Snukes | Jun 14, 2013 |
Not nearly as good as the game, but a very interesting back story to it. Well told, but all in all forgettable. ( )
  benuathanasia | Sep 8, 2012 |
During the Christmas of 1996, I sat down to my first Windows computer. I took it back to college with me that January, and I still remember sitting in my dorm room with the lights off, the speakers cranked up, clicking through the ages of Myst. Later on, I did the same with Riven, only pausing to trade out discs between CD-ROM drives.

Those feelings were evoked in bucketfuls when I read this book. The mystery and the enchantment were in full evidence, but along with it was a surprising depth, something that I don't expect from the usual video game tie-in book. In fact, it joins up seamlessly to both games, and makes me want to dig out those old discs and play through again. I will definitely be reading the next two volumes. ( )
  shabacus | Jul 5, 2012 |

Rand Millerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Miller, Randmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Miller, RobynAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Wingrove, DavidAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Cone, WilliamIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To Mom and Dad
Gehn's bootprints lay heavy around the tiny pool, the lush, well-tended green churned to mud.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0786881887, Mass Market Paperback)

Based on the best-selling CD-ROM game, a fantasy novel fills out the lives of the game's characters, tracing the strange apprenticeship of Atrus to his father, Gehn, who wields the power to create worlds. Reprint.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:48:34 -0400)

A fantasy adventure novel based on a CD-ROM game by the same name. It is the story of the D'ni, a race of super-intelligent beings who are able to create new worlds. First book in a series.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,446,970 books! | Top bar: Always visible