Charley's Web by Joy Fielding

Charley's Web (2007)

by Joy Fielding

Charley (Charlotte) is a columnist for a newspaper. When she is contacted by a child murderer on death row to write her side of the story, Charley is a bit hesitant, but decides to do it. Meanwhile, she and her two kids’ lives are being threatened due to some of what she’s writing in her columns.

This really pulled me in. I wanted to keep reading, and I did! I finished it faster than I’d expected, but the drawback is that I’m afraid I might forget it quicker, as well. However, it was a great read while I was reading, that’s for sure! Definite twist ending I certainly didn’t see coming! ( )
  LibraryCin | Mar 26, 2018 |
Charley Webb is a single mother and a writer for a large newspaper and she gets many emails about what she has to say. But when she receives a letter from Jill Rohmer, a young woman serving time on death row for the murders of three small children, her boundaries slowly begin to fade. When threats start targeting her son and daughter, Charley races against time to save her family.

I found this book very entertaining but also a real rollercoaster ride when Charley begins her journey into the mind of this deeply troubled woman. This story kept me guessing all the way through to the very surprise ending. Joy Fielding knows how to build suspense until the final pages. I look forward to reading more of her books and I would highly recommend this book to those who love psychological suspense. ( )
  EadieB | Jun 25, 2017 |
Oh Joy Fielding is an excellent author-This is the first book I have read of hers but let me tell you that I wasn't able to put it down until I finished it. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants an enjoyable and fast paced read! I am going to get another one of her books now that I have read this one! It was great! ( )
  diananagy | May 20, 2014 |
It had been a long time since I'd read a mystery thriller kind of book and I enjoy Joy Fielding's writing. Enjoyed reading this book. I must admit i did not figure who was the culprit beforehand. Sometimes hard to read but at least this was fiction. I read a lot of true crime so I know the things described in this book ,tortured children do happen.
Enjoyed the read. ( )
  Marlene-NL | Apr 12, 2013 |
I would give this book a 3.5 actually. Charley Webb is a newspaper coloumnist who is given the opportunity to write a book about convicted child killer Jill Rohmer. Jill was convicted of sexually abusing and killing 5 and 6 year old children which made the story difficult, not to mention disturbing to read at times. It was a good read overall, although I did solve the mystery early which dampened the climatic ending somewhat. ( )
  Shawna77 | Mar 31, 2013 |
For Annie, I adore you.
Hey, Charley,
ich wollte Ihnen nur eins kurz sagen: Sie sind nicht nur DIE SCHLECHTESTE KOLUMNISTIN ALLER ZEITEN!!!, sondern wahrscheinlich auch die EGOZENTRISCHSTE FRAU AUF DIESEM PLANETEN!!!

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 074329601X, Hardcover)

Charley Webb is a beautiful single mother who writes a successful and controversial column for the Palm Beach Post. She’s spent years building an emotional wall against scathing critics, snooty neighbors, and her disapproving family. But when she receives a letter from Jill Rohmer, a young woman serving time on death row for the murders of three small children, her boundaries slowly begin to fade. Jill wants Charley to write her biography so that she can share the many hidden truths about the case that failed to surface during her trial. Seeing this as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, Charley begins her journey into the mind of this deeply troubled woman.

Her path takes a twisted turn, however, when the anonymous letters she’s recently received from an angry reader evolve into threats, targeting her son and daughter. As Charley races against time to save her family, she begins to understand the value of her seemingly intrusive neighbors, friends, and relatives. As she discovers, this network of flawed but loving people might just be her only hope of getting out alive.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:56 -0400)

The story of an ambitious journalist whose foray into the mind of a killer puts her own family in jeopardy.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,536,668 books! | Top bar: Always visible