Once We Had a Horse by Glen Rounds

Once We Had a Horse (1971)

by Glen Rounds

232690,683 (4)8
Several children who live on a ranch in Montana spend the summer playing with a gentle old horse which had been left in their yard.

Once We Had a Horse by Glen Rounds is about two children who play with a horse on their farm all summer. The horse is taken in to keep the grass down during the summer months so the children take the opportunity to become horseback riders. We see in the back cover of the book that the author comes from a western background himself, which makes the story feel a bit more personable. I really enjoyed the story along with the illustrations which are simple but still show the personality of the characters in a unique way. ( )
  bhammant | Oct 18, 2018 |
"Once We Had a Horse" is a short, simple and sweet story of two children who discover a retired cow pony in the front yard of their ranch home. This book tells the story of their efforts to learn to ride "their" horse. It is full of line drawings by the author, as well. I liked it. ( )
  fuzzi | Sep 5, 2013 |
For Carol
When we were quite small, we lived on a ranch.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,137,608 books! | Top bar: Always visible