Marvin Redpost: Alone In His Teacher's House…

Marvin Redpost: Alone In His Teacher's House (edition 1994)

by Louis Sachar, Barbara Sullivan (Illustrator)

Member:bibliovermis
Title:Marvin Redpost: Alone In His Teacher's House
Authors:Louis Sachar
Other authors:Barbara Sullivan (Illustrator)
Info:Random House Books for Young Readers (1994), Paperback, 96 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:juvenile, fiction, humor, childhood, death, series: marvin redpost

Marvin Redpost: Alone in His Teacher's House by Louis Sachar

Alone in His Teacher's House, is about a young boy Marvin who got the opportunity to take care of his teacher's dog while she was away. This meant getting to go into his teacher, Mrs. North's, house. Marvin even got paid and also got a bonus dollar each day if he did everything right. All was going well until something went wrong with Mrs. North's dog. Marvin learns to overcome his fears and learn what true responsibility means. ( )
  katrinavenezio | Mar 14, 2017 |
Would that more teachers were unafraid to relate to their students as human beings. I'm sure it still happens in some small towns, but I see another reviewer seems to think that highering" Marvin to dog-sit is 'inappropriate.' (Of course, I think that publishing before proofreading is inappropriate, but what do I know; it's been years since I taught.)

One of the more serious and sweet Redpost books. I like how Marvin neither condones Nick's misbehavior, nor shuns his friendship - it feels authentic, because, after all, nobody is perfect and so we'd be totally friendless if we refused to be friends with someone who isn't." ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
  BRCSBooks | Sep 24, 2014 |
I think I'm done with this series for the boys. they are too old for it. This was cute and sappy. ( )
  learn2laugh | Sep 14, 2014 |
This book is great because it shows that teachers are real people and have a life outside of school which children tend to believe isn’t true. The story also shows a boy who is responsible but unfortunately is in a position where his teacher’s old dog dies while in his care. Shows kids how he emotionally deals with the death of a pet.
  AyannaMagee | Apr 30, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0679819495, Paperback)

Illus. in black-and-white. Marvin's friends think he's the luckiest boy in the world when his teacher asks him to dog-sit for a week. He gets to be alone in Mrs. North's house! But pretty soon it starts to look as if Marvin is not so lucky after all...."

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:38 -0400)

Marvin is pleased when his teacher asks him to take care of her dog while she's away, but he soon finds that there's more pressure involved than he likes.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,866,558 books! | Top bar: Always visible