Crazy Hair by Neil Gaiman

Crazy Hair (2009)

by Neil Gaiman

Other authors: Dave McKean (Illustrator)

English (36)  Swedish (1)  All languages (37)
I don't really like any of the Gaiman/McKean children's books. ( )
  morbusiff | Sep 20, 2018 |
Inventive, outrageous, imaginative - in short, crazy! This rhyming picture-book follows the story of a man with crazy hair and the young girl who is determined to 'fix' his unruly locks. As the man explains just how out of control his hair is, playing host to any number of creatures, Bonnie counters with a comb. Unfortunately for her (or fortunately, as the case may be), the residents of the man's hair don't take well to being disturbed...

Only the second picture-book I have read from the prolific Neil Gaiman (the first being Instructions), Crazy Hair was an absolute hoot! The rhyming text reads well - "Child! Are you mad!" / I cried / "Combs and brushes / Have been tried. / Once was eaten / By a bear / Prowling through my crazy hair" - and would make an excellent story-time selection, while the surreal artwork by Dave McKean, who has worked with Gaiman on such titles as Coraline and The Graveyard Book, captures the madcap sense of fun of the text. Recommended to all Gaiman fans, and to anyone looking for picture-books featuring a silly and wondrously imaginative sense of fun. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Jun 27, 2017 |
This is quite possibly the weirdest children's book I have ever read or will ever read. Ever. Crazy Hair is a fantastically poetic tale of a man with, well... crazy hair! I love the art style even though it was initially jarring (but then I remember this is the guy behind Coraline and it all suddenly made sense). The tiger in particular was very realistic while the rampaging bear looked morbid. This was strange but such a great read! ( )
  ilonon | Apr 10, 2017 |
Truly outrageous, with just a twist of the supernatural, as you'd expect from Gaiman. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
'Crazy Hair' by Illustrator Dean McKean and author Neil Gaiman is all about the wild craziness hair may contain. The story is about the crazy imagination of someone who has a lot of hair on his head and talks about how untamed and unexplored it is to a girl who just wants it combed. ( )
  Jtreed | Mar 23, 2016 |

Neil Gaimanprimary authorall editionscalculated
McKean, DaveIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For Maddy
This is Bonnie. This is me.

Bonnie encounters all sorts of exotic animals and marvelous things inside a man's crazy hair.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,208,397 books! | Top bar: Always visible