Crazy Hair by Neil Gaiman

Crazy Hair (2009)

by Neil Gaiman, Dave McKean (Illustrator)

Very amusing tale of my crazy hair. It reminded me of my niece's hair when she was so young and her hair was long and quite unmanageable. I wish my imagination had reached Gaiman's dimensions discussing how crazy his hair is. ( )
  joeydag | Jul 23, 2015 |
Truly outrageous, with just a twist of the supernatural, as you'd expect from Gaiman. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
'Crazy Hair' is a beautifully written and illustrated fantasy book for young children. It is an offbeat, amusing ode to the author's own crazy hair and will especially appeal to children with great imagination. ( )
  crunchymunchkin | Feb 25, 2015 |
Read on August 20, 2014

As one who(whom?) on (many) occasions has crazy hair, I can appreciate what's happening in this book. While I hope there aren't gorillas or pirates living in my hair, there are definitely days where it eats combs. I'm not crazy about the illustrations, but the rhymes are fun. ( )
  melissarochelle | Oct 12, 2014 |
“Crazy Hair” by Neil Gaiman and illustrated by Dave McKean is a wonderfully strange story within a poem that is unique and fun to read. I love this book for two reasons. First of all, the plot is so different from anything I have ever read before. The main character’s hair is so long and filled with things like pirates and bears, dancers and carousels, and the little girl is just wondering why he does not comb his hair. This to me is such a novel idea, and I enjoyed imaging these things trapped in this man’s hair. However, I did not have to imagine top hard! The illustrator did a fantastic job at depicting all of these wild scenes. I liked how he used thousands of lines to represent the individual hairs rather than blending them all. I also liked how the people in the poem had sharp angles on their faces, eyes that were colored all the way in, and many shadows surrounding them; this made them appear very mysterious and not of this world. I believe the message came at the end, when the little girl tried to comb the man’s hair and was grabbed by a creature inside, and then forever lived in his hair. I think the message was to embrace differences and things that might even seem scary or crazy, because you might come to understand and even enjoy someone’s point of view. This was demonstrated by the fact that the girl ended up enjoying hunting animals, sailing with the pirates, and dancing with the people in the crazy hair. ( )
  ElizabethHaaser | Sep 20, 2014 |

Neil Gaimanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McKean, DaveIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Mckean, DaveIllustratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Maddy
This is Bonnie. This is me.

Bonnie encounters all sorts of exotic animals and marvelous things inside a man's crazy hair.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,170,562 books! | Top bar: Always visible