Downbelow Station. by C. J. Cherryh
Title:Downbelow Station.
Authors:C. J. Cherryh
Other authors:Nigel (Jacket) Hills (Illustrator)
Info:Severn House (1985), Edition: New Ed, Hardcover, 432 pages

Downbelow Station by C. J. Cherryh (1981)

Recently added byprivate library, rochelle12, srkal, dreplogle, lgaumer43, erlck, Dr.RTC, SavvyScot

English (43)  Hungarian (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (45)
I've given up on this book for the time being; I was halfway through, put it down, and then realized I hadn't picked it back up in a week and hadn't missed it, which is a flashing neon warning sign that it's not worth the work to finish it. Might come back to it sometime since it's been suggested that it's such a pivotal work of fiction, but I dunno. ( )
  lyrrael | Oct 17, 2015 |
Blah. I'm almost 200 pages in, and I care about exactly none of the characters. Okay, maybe I like Satin. But that is it. Rather disappointing, but I am just not willing to slog my way through a boring, tedious book when I have a huge To Read list sitting on my desk. ( )
  ladypembroke | Nov 22, 2014 |
Why, oh why can't they give the Hugo and/or Nebula to a short book once in a while? So authors trying to get their names on a trophy wouldn't feel compelled to write these doorstops?
  sonofcarc | Aug 27, 2014 |
Started and gave it a decent chance but this book never set the hook. ( )
  tsgood | May 30, 2014 |

C. J. Cherryhprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gaughan, JackIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mattingly, David B.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Moore, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Earth and Outwards: 2005 - 2352

The stars, like all man's other ventures, were an obvious impracticality, as rash and improbable an ambition as the first venture of man onto Earth's own great oceans, or into the air, or into space.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0756400597, Mass Market Paperback)

A legend among sci-fi readers, C. J. Cherryh's Union-Alliance novels, while separate and complete in themselves, are part of a much larger tapestry—a future history spanning 5,000 years of human civilization.

Here is the 20th anniversary edition of Downbelow Station, the book that won Cherryh a Hugo Award for Best novel in 1982. A blockbuster space opera of the rebellion between Earth and its far-flung colonies, it is a classic science fiction masterwork.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:12 -0400)

The station at Pell's Star, traditionally neutral, holds the key to victory in a struggle between the decaying stellar empire of Earth and the rebel forces of the colonies

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,948,781 books! | Top bar: Always visible