Girls Think of Everything: Stories of…

Girls Think of Everything: Stories of Ingenious Inventions by Women

by Catherine Thimmesh

This book was about women in history who invented things.
  SkyD17 | Aug 29, 2018 |
This book offers 12 brief partial biographies of women that invented something. The most interesting story to me was the story of the 'accidental' invention of the Tollhouse Chocolate Chip cookie by Ruth Wakefield in 1930 while baking at her Toll House Inn. It's probably because I love chocolate chip cookies. Another interesting story is about how Bette Nesmith Graham invented Liquid Paper so she wouldn't have to retype a letter because she made a mistake.
  DuffyBL | Jul 24, 2018 |
Summary:This book is really just a giant list of all of the many things that women have accomplished or created. I feel as though this book was written to show the world what women are capable of.
Personal Reaction: I really enjoyed reading this book. I learned a lot about the many roles that women have played.
Classroom Extensions:
1. In the classroom, we could discuss how many more things we can think of that women have done for us as not just a country, but the entire world.
2. We could talk about what in the book we are most thankful for having.
  kaseycook | Nov 9, 2017 |
Love books about female inventors, and this is a book all about that! It is important we show young girls that they have every place in the STEM field and boys. ( )
  epatt14 | Sep 10, 2017 |
Not only did I love this book because it's all about how girls can be a part of the STEM portion of the world, but also because it gives empowerment and recognition to the women who have changed the world with their brilliant minds. It also gives really awesome explanations of how each woman went from having an idea to making it a reality and what inspired them to do so. Super inspirational book for young girls who love science! ( )
  gmorgan14 | Sep 3, 2017 |

Catherine Thimmeshprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sweet, MelissaIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0618195637, Paperback)

In kitchens and living rooms, in garages and labs and basements, even in converted chicken coops, women and girls have invented ingenious innovations that have made our lives simpler and better. Their creations are some of the most enduring (the windshield wiper) and best loved (the chocolate chip cookie). What inspired these women, and just how did they turn their ideas into realities?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:19 -0400)

Tells the story of how women throughout the ages have responded to situations confronting them in daily life by inventing such items as correction fluid, space helmets, and disposable diapers.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,721,373 books! | Top bar: Always visible