On Location by Jen Calonita

On Location (edition 2007)

by Jen Calonita

204457,485 (3.95)3
Member:brigneti
Title:On Location
Authors:Jen Calonita
Info:Poppy (May 2007), First eBook edition
Collections:Your library, ebook
Rating:***1/2
Tags:series, young adult, celebrity, acting, Hollywood, Secrets of my Hollywood Life, ebook

On Location by Jen Calonita

Secrets of My Hollywood Life by Jen Calonita (tiffanypx2014)
    tiffanypx2014: I think that these are both great books, and that if you like the books that are categorized as "chick-lit", you will love this book! =) This book is about the teen celebrity "Kaitlin Burke", and how she deals with the fame, her school work, and her new found boyfriend, Austin.… (more)

This is the second book of the Secrets of My Hollywood Life series by Jen Calonita. The reader catches up with Kaitlin right before she begins her movie shoot. She is dating Austin and attempting to learn her lines while waiting for filming to begin. However, nothing ever seems to run smoothly in Kaitlin's life. She goes to an emergency meeting and finds out that there is a new studio publicist and co-star for her beloved Hutch Adams project. Can you guess who that co-star is? Of course, it's Sky. So, now Kaitlin has to deal with her ex-boyfriend (the one that broke her heart and used her to get to the top), Sky, and the crazy new publicist. The stress mounts up once again, and Kaitlin has to find a way to calm herself down and go through the movie. You know what else is bad, Hutch is horrible on set. He yells at everyone. Kaitlin's dream job is just not what she had hoped for. Can she make it through all of this drama? Can her relationship with Austin survive her working with her ex-boyfriend (who seems a little too close when the cameras around)? Also, how is Kaitlin going to deal with all of the bad press that comes with the look of dating two boys at once?

I love these books, so I can't give a review without first putting that bias out there. I read these out of order, so at the moment I am catching up. On location gives the reader an idea of what a real movie set ends up being like. It's not as glamorous as we might hope. However, I'm more interested in the soap opera like stories that seem to suck me in. The drama that goes between her and Sky and the undermining things that go into the press are just like reading the tabloids in the grocery store. They are addicting even though you know it is fake.

Austin is just the cutest boy ever and he is perfect for our sweet, naive Kaitlin. He reminds me of a couple of my students. They want to give advice even when they have no idea what they are talking about. They also have a tendency to believe that teenagers should be in complete control of their own lives (famous, or not). Perhaps that is just a teenage trait in general, but it is endearing to me. I can't wait to continue this series and I hope that you will join me in reading them. ( )
  Kaydence | Mar 26, 2010 |
This is a really good book, I reccommend it too every girl or boy who enjoys a good book!!! ( )
  RacheyGirl107 | Feb 9, 2010 |
Reviewed by Harmony for TeensReadToo.com

Kaitlin Burke seems to have it all. She has the most amazing (and non-famous) boyfriend, Austin Meyers, the media is in love with her, and she's starring in a movie by her all-time favorite director. Life couldn't get any better.

But it could, of course, get worse, especially with her enemy on the scene.

ON LOCATION, the second book in the SECRETS OF MY HOLLYWOOD LIFE series, follows Kaitlin as she continues her adventures, both in her acting career and in her romance. While it's not quite as good as its prequel, it's sure to keep the reader entertained and wanting more, long after the end comes.

If you loved the first book in the series, you'll be sure to enjoy this, and I recommend the whole series to any young teen or tween. ( )
  GeniusJen | Oct 12, 2009 |
Secrets of My Hollywood Life: On Location is yet another light and fun chick-lit read. Much like the first novel, we revisit the glamours life of Kaitlin Burke and of course someone is out to make her career bomb! The Hollywood secrets continue to be one of my favorite aspects of the book. I think that I would have enjoyed the book more had the plot not reminded me so much of the first book. I’d like to see Kaitlin deal with real issues, besides those revolving around someone sabotaging her career. However, I did enjoy the second installment and am looking forward to reading the rest of the series. ( )
  the_story_siren | Jul 2, 2009 |
Kaitlin Burke is a famous teenage movie star. This book chronicles her adventures on a movie set and how she deals with her new boyfriend, who's just a regular guy, and her ex-boyfriend, who happens to be her co-star. A light-hearted look at dealing with family and relationships as a famous actress. A tame read. ( )
  ShellyPYA | Jul 20, 2007 |
For the soon-to-be Mrs. John Neary, aka my kid sister, Nicole
The sound is unmistakable as it rises in decibel, frightening the blue jay that is drinking from the Italian marble birdbath an causing our new landscaper, Joe, to drop his gardening hose. Only one thing could cause this much commotion on a beautiful, eighty-six-degree Saturday morning in Southern California -- and it's not an earthquake.

It seems like the summer of dreams come true for Hollywood princess Kaitlin Burke: the media loves her (again), super-cute and funny Austin Meyers is finally her boyfriend, and she's starring in a movie by her all-time favorite director Hutch Adams. What could be sweeter? But life on set is not as perfect as the makeup and costumes. And with an old love and a scheming new publicist on the scene, it's about to get a whole lot messier.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:56 -0400)

Life is good for Hollywood princess Kaitlin Burke, ready to star in a movie by her favorite director, but an old love and a scheming new publicist complicate her already hectic existence.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,366,625 books! | Top bar: Always visible