The Associate by John Grisham

The Associate (2009)

by John Grisham

English (100)  German (3)  Spanish (1)  All (104)
Al solito Grisham riesce a rendere una grande suspence nei suoi Legal Thriller. Questa volta con un substrato in più, una neppur tanto velata critica al funzionamento dei grossi studi legali americani, dei loro costi e del loro modo di lavorare. Ottima lettura per l'estate. ( )
  scaredda | Nov 9, 2016 |
Ok, my turn to write a review. Believe me it won't compair to all the great reviews lately. All I can say is, I'll do my best.

I read the Associate", by John Grisham. Who is a very good Author and has been around for awhile and still pushing those shocking thriller's. He is one of my favorite Author's.

This one was filled with an enterprise of immoral conspiracy. The plot was to steal files from the largest Law Firm in the World. Thats where the blackmail came into use and one young law student out of four law buddies got into a situation that he thought he couldn't get out of. I liked the way themain law student was irate and carried himself around with a humerous chip on his shoulder throughout the book. As if to say ..."I'm scared, yes, I'm scared but I won't let them know".

Then there were a few slow chapters but half way through, My mind and body could not slow down. I kept having these adrenalin rushes. The story was really pumping my blood to the point of exhaustion. There was so much curruption going on that even the good lawyer's and investigator's were baffled throughout the investigation to who these conspirator's were and who they belong to. One thing murder did not bother them......They wern't in the crime data, CIA, FBI or and other galaxy they anticipated.

You know sometimes when your reading you just get so involved because it gets so mind-boggling and exlilarating, and your heart just starts beating a mile a minute. This thriller did that to me right up to the last chapter. Only one flaw.....I was dissappointed with the end. After all that excitment it left me unsatisfied.

But that did not made the book an uninteresting read because it was. Someone else might like the ending. I just felt empty after.......Still keep it in mind as a good book......Banjo

" ( )
  Juan-banjo | May 31, 2016 |
Jednostavna uzbudljiva kriminalisticka prica, laka za citanje,mada me je malo kraj razocarao jer je ostalo sve da visi u zdraku.
Kako se novopeceni advokat Kayl bori protiv spijunaze i presije rada u velikoj advokatskoj firmi. ( )
  ceca78 | Apr 10, 2016 |
I hovered between two and three stars on this. I love Grisham's writing style, but I have to say, the ending of this made me throw the damn book. Let me rephrase that, the lack of an ending, made me throw the book.

The first two thirds of the book had me really excited. Here was a well-crafted story, perhaps the protagonist was a bit two-dimensional but no matter, he was interesting sometimes, and the pace was maintained throughout. Then, the last few chapters just ruined the whole thing. The lead up to this great confrontation, this do or die moment was fast and exciting and then...WTF? He gets away? Then what? Well, we don't know because the protagonist walks off into the darkness, where the baddie could be for all we know because he just poofed off the face of the earth according to the FBI.

Ugh. I enjoy John Grisham's books, but this one left me feeling kind of cheated. I hope the next I Grisham book I read doesn't have the ending ripped out of it. ( )
  ReneeMiller | Feb 25, 2016 |
While this particular John Grisham thriller could easily become one of the more forgettable ones, it’s not a bad story; it’s just not up to the level of suspense and intensity that I have come to expect from Grisham. Still, I enjoyed the reading, and it was a perfect choice for such the extended reading time of a readathon. THE ASSOCIATE won’t be one that I return to through the years, but for what it is, the book is worth a read for any Grisham fan. ( )
  phrenetic.mind | Dec 30, 2014 |

John Grishamprimary authorall editionscalculated
Kuipers, HugoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Steven Rubin, Suzanne Herz, John Pitts, Alison Rich, Rebecca Holland, John Fontana, and the rest of the gang at Doubleday.
The rules of the New Haven Youth League required that each kid play at least ten minutes in each game.

It's a deadly game of blackmail. And they're making him play. Kyle McAvoy is one of the outstanding legal students of his generation: he's good looking, has a brilliant mind and a glittering future ahead of him. But he has a secret from his past, a secret that threatens to destroy his fledgling career and, possibly, his entire life. One night that secret catches up with him in the form of some bad men in a dark alley - they have a deeply compromising video of the incident that haunts him. The men make it clear to Kyle that he no longer owns his own future - that he must do as they tell him, or the video will be made public knowledge, with all the unpleasant consequences. What price do they demand for Kyle's secret? Strangely, it is for Kyle to do exactly what any ambitious young lawyer would want to do: take a job in New York as an associate at the largest law firm in the world , a job that is incredibly well paid and, with mammoth hours and outrageous billing, could lead to partnership and a fortune. But Kyle won't be working for the company, but against it - passing on the secrets of the company's biggest trial to date, a dispute between two defense contractors worth billions of dollars to the victor. Now Kyle is caught between the criminal forces manipulating him and the FBI, who would love to unmask the conspiracy. Will his intellect, cunning and bravery be enough to extricate him from an impossible dilemma?

Three months after leaving Yale, Kyle McAvoy becomes an associate at the largest law firm in the world, where, in addition to practicing law, he is expected to lie, steal, and take part in a scheme that could send him to prison, if not get him killed.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,795,250 books! | Top bar: Always visible