The Mummy or Ramses the Damned by Anne Rice

The Mummy or Ramses the Damned (original 1989; edition 1997)

by Anne Rice

Member:divinenanny
Title:The Mummy or Ramses the Damned
Authors:Anne Rice
Info:Ballantine Books (1997), New York, Mass Market Paperback, 398p.
Collections:Your library, eBooks, Read, Readable
Tags:horror, fiction

The Mummy or Ramses the Damned by Anne Rice (1989)

English (37)  Danish (1)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (40)
This was the first book that I ever read with a romantic theme, and I've been hooked ever since. My books don't have to be genre romances, but they'd better have a romantic theme in them. Anyway, I read this when I was a sophomore in high school, and loved it. I wanted to find out if I'd enjoy it as much now that I'm thirty-four, and I can say that yes, it was just as good. It can be a bit melodramatic at times, but the action is riveting, and the relationships mesmerizing. Though slow to start, don't give up on this book, because the book is well worth reading even if you have to sludge through a few slow chapters. And I will say that all my romantic heroes are sized up against Ramses even though I was unaware of it until I read this book again, twenty years later. Seems that man never left me. LOL ( )
  AshleyLynnWillis | Aug 1, 2014 |
  AshleyLynnWillis | Aug 1, 2014 |
This is one of those books that I can read over and over again. ( )
  nycke137 | Jul 29, 2014 |
Could. Not. Stop. Reading. Reads like a cross between a b-slasher movie and a Class-A spine tingler. Of all the Anne Rice books, I loved this one the most. ( )
  lesmel | Jun 26, 2014 |
My favorite Anne Rice novel. ( )
  pussreboots | Apr 27, 2014 |

Is contained in

Has the adaptation

This novel is dedicated with love

Stan Rice
and
Christopher Rice

Gita Mehta
an instant inspiration

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
for his great mummy stories
"Lot No. 249" and "The Ring of Thoth"

H. Rider Haggard
who created the immortal She

All who have brought
"the mummy" to life
in stories, novels and film.

And lastly

My father
Howard O'Brien
who came more than once
to get me from the neighborhood show,
when "the mummy" had scared me
so badly that I couldn't even stay
in the lobby with the creepy music
coming through the doors.

The camera flashes blinded him for a moment.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0345369947, Mass Market Paperback)

InThe Mummy Anne Rice weaves the same magic for the world and history of mummies that she previously did for the worlds and mythologies of vampires and witches. Ramses the Great lives, but having drunk the elixir of life, he is now Ramses the Damned, doomed forever to wander the earth, desperate to quell certain mummy hungers that can never be satisfied!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:57 -0400)

Doomed forever to wander the earth, desperate to quell his insatiable hungers, Ramses the Damned turns up in Edwardian London as Dr. Ramsey and begins a romance with heiress Julie Stratford, but his cursed past again propels him toward disaster.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,393,197 books! | Top bar: Always visible