About A Dragon (Dragon Kin, Book 2) by G. A.…
Member:amyatbooks
Title:About A Dragon (Dragon Kin, Book 2)
Authors:G. A. Aiken
Info:Zebra (2008), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Collections:Paranormal Romance
Rating:*****
Tags:Paranormal Romance, Dragons

About a Dragon by G.A. Aiken

3.5 stars. What can I say, Shelly Laurenston aka G.A. Aiken makes me laugh. She writes sweet funny yet quit steamy PNR. With a very big dragon! ( )
  veredi | Mar 25, 2017 |
Second book in a series. We got formula, we got two characters that have complementary arguing is just a form of verbal oral sex kink, secrets and lies and engaging secondary characters. A short term and long term threat that ties everyone together and sex, violence and bloody death for everyone. We got brave men, arrogant and insurable men and kick ass women with an overabundance of estrogen and the ability to kill entire armies.

The world building remains cookie cutter vague-blank slate and although the plot brings up rival interfering and manipulating Gods hell bent on using using Annwyl and Fearghus's relationship as a tool and Talaith as a pawn meant to stop Annwyl and Fearghus's relationship (aka kill Annwyl) for their unexplained game between each other....it doesn't do much or go anywhere other than add drama, urgency and a common thread to tie all these people together now. And give an excuse for there to be yet another battle for Annwyl to go on a much needed blood crazy brutal killing spree.

It is not heavy reading and does not at any point pretend to be. Despite this,there are plenty of things to keep a reader amused. The dragon family that these books focus on an the humans that end up loving them are endearing and entertaining.
The story is as much about the secondary characters as it is about the main characters/the relationship/romance focus of the book. The dynamic between the dragon siblings is hilarious, the updates in Annwyl and Fearghus's relationship is good and great and Morfyd and Brasties's budding romance slowly plods forward off to the side. The ground work has been laid for a love you-hate you relationship between Eihbear - the youngest dragon sibling and Izzy- the at the moment underage human daughter of main female character- Talaith and the consequences of Izzy more or less selling herself to a god in order to save her mother is hanging over Izzy's head.

There are laughs, there are tears and there is sex. There are endearing moments and frustrating enraging moments.

More importantly, there is an epilogue that leading into the third book showing that Gwenvae will be meeting his doom. Aka his match. Which really is all the motivation a reader needs to keep going. ( )
  S.Summers | Mar 17, 2017 |
About a Dragon
3 Stars

Synopsis
Rescued by a dragon after nearly being burned at the stake, Talaith finds herself in debt to Briec the Mighty who sees her as his property and will stop at nothing the have her. Unfortunately for Briec, Talaith has other plans and as no intention of submitting to the arrogant dragon.

Review
The world building is weak and vague and although the plot has potential with secret assassins and interfering Gods, it ends up lacking substance.

Talaith's sarcasm and Briec's ego provide excellent banter and some laugh out loud moments. However, their constant sniping and snapping becomes tedious after a while and a relationship based on bickering is not the healthiest. Moreover, the sex scenes do not contribute to the romance and feel more like filler than anything else.

The secondary characters are the real highlight. The dynamic between the dragon siblings is hilarious and the updates in Annwyl and Fearghus's relationship are great. It is just unfortunate that Morfyd and Brasties's budding romance remains underdeveloped though.

On a final note, if there is such a thing as excessively kick-ass heroines, then this series has them. Annwyl, Morfyd, Talaith and now Izzy have an overabundance of estrogen and while it is kinda cool having such powerful women, it is also a little difficult to entirely accept.

In sum, I was considering giving the rest of the series a miss until the intriguing epilogue. It seems that Gwenvael has meet his match, which should be very entertaining. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Nov 19, 2016 |
A romantic, exciting and funny and erotic book. Definitely worth it.
  Emmy_Gerard | Jun 3, 2016 |
Wow! This book was deliciously good! I don't believe I have read about a more arrogant man in my entire life! Yet somehow instead of making me hate him I am somehow endearing him instead. I want to go flying around on one of these dragons. I was slightly disappointed in Talaith with her screaming and carrying on about it, yet it was funny. And the continuance of Annwyl and Feargus' story entwined with Talaith and Briec's was well done. Not a dull moment in this book either. I absolutely loved this book! ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |

G.A. Aikenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Laurenston, Shellymain authorall editionsconfirmed
Also known as "The Distressing Damsel"

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,904,522 books! | Top bar: Always visible