About A Dragon (Dragon Kin, Book 2) by G. A.…

About A Dragon (Dragon Kin, Book 2) (edition 2008)

by G. A. Aiken

Member:amyatbooks
Title:About A Dragon (Dragon Kin, Book 2)
Authors:G. A. Aiken
Info:Zebra (2008), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Collections:Paranormal Romance
Rating:*****
Tags:Paranormal Romance, Dragons

About a Dragon by G.A. Aiken

Briec the Mighty / Talaith ( )
  Talthor | Jan 1, 2014 |
Its a continuation from the first book.

Its so funny.... I don't know how a story about annoying dragons, war, a witch in a bond to a scheming goddess and more blood and beheading can be so funny. Sure, its an adult fantasy aka paranormal romance with too many insults and sex and stuff but its really that hard to not like.

Its truly infectious. I never seen dragon royalties being written this way. Its like Skyrim with a lot of "arrow in the knee" jokes. And I adore Skyrim, who isn't?

aoibhealfae | Sep 23, 2013 |
Its a continuation from the first book.

aoibhealfae | Sep 23, 2013 |
This book has been previously published as The Distressing Damsel by Shelly Laurenston and is available under its new title, in print, from Kensington Books.
Another delightful read by G.A. Aiken, the 2nd offering in the Dragon Kin series, About A Dragon moved along quite quickly.

Briec, an arrogant bastard of a dragon, decides to try a human for sex seeing as it worked so well for big brother Fearghus. Attracted to Talaith, a mouthy complainer, he rescues her from certain death and proceeds to be utterly confused when she doesn't fall into his arms and his bed.

Very much like the previous book the interaction between Briec and Talaith is snipy, snarky, and a turn on for both of them. While Talaith is fighting her feelings and attraction to Briec he is trying to understand what these strange feelings he has for her are. To make matters more difficult Talaith has a secret! It's a good one too! One I didn't figure out until the deed was almost done.

So while we continue to spend time with Briec and his very interesting family we are also seeing deeper in the world of not only dragon politics but dragon gods. It's great to spend some time with Fearghus & Annwyl again too.

While I'm a sucker for series that involve siblings and family (hence my almost fanatical need to buy any and all Nora Roberts' books) for some reason it just didn't draw me in deep enough to want to keep going. The story is good, it's fast paced and I didn't find myself doing too much skim reading (where you just look for names and/or places that might be important to the story but otherwise don't really read what is written) and the characters are enjoyable as well. Just can't put my finger on what didn't click for me.

Overall a very good read and I think you'll like it too. ( )
  Tina_Ku | Apr 17, 2013 |
About a Dragon
3 Stars

Synopsis
Rescued by a dragon after nearly being burned at the stake, Talaith finds herself in debt to Briec the Mighty who sees her as his property and will stop at nothing the have her. Unfortunately for Briec, Talaith has other plans and as no intention of submitting to the arrogant dragon.

Review
The world building is weak and vague and although the plot has potential with secret assassins and interfering Gods, it ends up lacking substance.

Talaith's sarcasm and Briec's ego provide excellent banter and some laugh out loud moments. However, their constant sniping and snapping becomes tedious after a while and a relationship based on bickering is not the healthiest. Moreover, the sex scenes do not contribute to the romance and feel more like filler than anything else.

The secondary characters are the real highlight. The dynamic between the dragon siblings is hilarious and the updates in Annwyl and Fearghus's relationship are great. It is just unfortunate that Morfyd and Brasties's budding romance remains underdeveloped though.

On a final note, if there is such a thing as excessively kick-ass heroines, then this series has them. Annwyl, Morfyd, Talaith and now Izzy have an overabundance of estrogen and while it is kinda cool having such powerful women, it is also a little difficult to entirely accept.

In sum, I was considering giving the rest of the series a miss until the intriguing epilogue. It seems that Gwenvael has meet his match, which should be very entertaining. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Apr 2, 2013 |

G.A. Aikenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Laurenston, Shellymain authorall editionsconfirmed
Also known as "The Distressing Damsel"

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,484,517 books! | Top bar: Always visible